still rejected as root after added localhost to hosts.equiv

nix

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
i still rejected starting the server:
ibmgr -start -user sysdba -password masterkey
error:
SERVER/process_packet: connection rejected for root

i've checked that localhost has added to hosts.equiv

how fix it ?

Frank Schlottmann-Goedde

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00

Try to add the fqdn of your machine to hosts.equiv,
maybe you will even have to explicitly add root
to this file.

man hosts.equiv

Frank

--
"Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads,
their tears have healing powers and they make highly faithful pets."

Joern Hoos

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00

this still doesn´t work for me with RH7.
It works, if i add a + to hosts.equiv giving everyone access.
But neither the ip, the computer name or the complete fgdn is working.

The computers name isn´t registered at the nameserver, but i added it to
the hosts file, so the ip is resolved correctly.

Any hints ?

--

Joern Hoos
______________________

Frank Schlottmann-Goedde

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
Joern Hoos <jh...@notes.uni-paderborn.de.spam> wrote:
> Hi,

> this still doesn´t work for me with RH7.
> It works, if i add a + to hosts.equiv giving everyone access.
> But neither the ip, the computer name or the complete fgdn is working.
> The computers name isn´t registered at the nameserver, but i added it to
> the hosts file, so the ip is resolved correctly.

Have you tried:

+ localhost root

or

+ computername root

TONDEUR

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
to ib_l...@mers.com
or try also :
localhost localhost.localdomain

something like that with your domain...

James Knowles

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
> i still rejected starting the server:
> ibmgr -start -user sysdba -password masterkey
> error:
> SERVER/process_packet: connection rejected for root

Which distro are you using? I was banging my head against the wall with RH7 until
I simply ran ibguard and not ibmgr. Everything's been great since.

--
It's easy to find something worth dying for. Do you have anything worth living
for?

Joern Hoos

Dec 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/4/00
None of these work either. For the moment, i won´t just use ibmgr.

Thanks