How to setup InterBase login

Pavel Gusak

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
Hi.
I've just downloaded and installed IB 6.01 on my W2K. IB server runs as
service just nice.
The problem is I can't create a database.
In IBConsole I try to register my local server.
What should I enter in User Name and Password fields?
It always says "Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your
database administrator to set up an InterBase login". Where can I set it up?
Thank you.

Eric Grange

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
Default user name is "sysdba", default password "masterkey"
(explained in the doc, download it if you didn't).

You can declare new users and change that once logged in.

Eric Grange

Frank Schlottmann-Goedde

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00

user: SYSDBA
pw: masterkey

hth
Frank

Marc Coneley

Oct 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/20/00
The default username and password for Interbase is :-

USER = SYSDBA
PASSWORD = masterkey (note : must be typed in lower case!!)

After logging on as SYSDBA, you will then be able to create new users.

Reading the help file with the download would have told you this!!

Marc.

"Pavel Gusak" <pgu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

tugrul...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2016, 8:46:10 AM11/18/16
20 Ekim 2000 Cuma 10:00:00 UTC+3 tarihinde Marc Coneley yazdı:
that password "masterkey" doesn't work for new installation did i miss a thing to setup.
i can not connect to Interbase even in the first attempt. new computer new install.
error : "Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up an InterBase login."
i am loosing my sanity...

guidol...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2017, 1:28:43 PM1/5/17
I had similar problems...

Maybe this is useless, but it is worth trying: try opening IBConsole as Administrator (right click - Open as Administrator)