I told Trip no and broke the game at the end.

Bcross

Jul 31, 2009, 8:14:24 PM7/31/09
to Interactive Drama Façade Forum
Here is my screenplay. Warning I get graphic near the bottom. Trip
originally tried to close the door on me, but I walked in anyway and
it kept going.

FACADE STAGEPLAY
Fri Jul 31 20 06 21 2009

GRACE
Trip, when are you going to get rid of this?

TRIP
What, Grace... this?

(Adam knocks on the front door.)

(Adam knocks on the front door.)

GRACE
Yes, -- (interrupted)

TRIP
Oh, he's here!

(Adam knocks on the front door.)

GRACE
What?! You said he's coming an hour from now!

(Adam knocks on the front door.)

(Adam knocks on the front door.)

TRIP
No, he's right on time!

GRACE
Trip...!

(Trip opens the front door.)

TRIP
Adam!!

TRIP
Hi! It's so great to see you! -- (interrupted)

ADAM
Were you just fighting?

(Trip closes the front door.)

GRACE
No, no, here we are!

GRACE
Adam,

GRACE
Hi! How are you? Oh it's so nice to see you, it feels like it's been
forever!

ADAM
I'm great

TRIP
Yeah, it's been -- (interrupted)

GRACE
Aw, H-mmm (happy smile sound)

(ADAM hugs grace.)

GRACE
H-mmm (happy smile sound)

GRACE
And I have to say, you look great.

GRACE
So come on in, make yourself at home!

ADAM
It's been a long time

GRACE
hmmm Adam, seeing you brings back -- (interrupted)

PHONE
** RING **

GRACE
Oh, I'll get it --

TRIP
No, no no no, our friend's here, we can let the answering machine get
it.

PHONE
** RING **

ADAM
I'll get it

TRIP
What? Wait, wait, let's just wait for the answering machine... --
(interrupted)

PHONE
** RING **

(ADAM picks up the phone.)

PHONE
Hello? Hello?

TRIP
Adam, no! Don't do that.

PHONE
Who is this? Travis, is that you? This is your mother.

ADAM
Bob's big boy

TRIP
Uhh, that's my mother, I can hear her loud voice.

PHONE
I don't recognize your voice...

GRACE
Oh!

PHONE
I -- I think I have the wrong number... ** click **

TRIP
Okay, she's confused, as usual... just -- just hang it up.

ADAM
bye bye

TRIP
Well, uh, h -- hold on, hold on... (clears throat)

GRACE
Anyhow, Trip's parents... They're sweet people, really down to earth
--

(ADAM puts down the phone.)

TRIP
Uhh, no, they're ignorant, they wouldn't know what a cumberbund from a
cucumber.

GRACE
(frustrated sigh)

(ADAM hugs grace.)

GRACE
hmmm -- (interrupted)

GRACE
Oh! you're hugging me, ha ha...

TRIP
Oh that's nice Grace, our friend seems happy to see you again after so
long.

GRACE
(clears throat)

TRIP
Huh, I just thought of something.

GRACE
What...

TRIP
Well, actually, tonight's a special night. We should celebrate, in
fact.

GRACE
What, Trip, what?

ADAM
Is it?

TRIP
Uh, y -- uh, yeah, heh, tonight is special...

TRIP
Adam, remember, it was almost exactly ten years ago, tonight, that
you introduced us.

TRIP
Senior year of college.

GRACE
Oh... geez...

TRIP
Do you remember that?

ADAM
Oh right, I should have ask her.

TRIP
We really want to thank you for years and years of...

GRACE
Pain.

TRIP
Heh heh heh... Agony.

GRACE
Love.

TRIP
Uh, yeah, love, yeah, love. -- (interrupted)

ADAM
She was so sexy back then

GRACE
Adam, if I didn't know you better, I'd say you were flirting with me.

ADAM
I am

TRIP
I'm not sure I should -- (interrupted)

(Trip shakes the advice ball.)

ADAM
You are HOT!

TRIP
Probably true. -- (interrupted)

TRIP
Ha ha, I'll let you flirt with me this one time, cuz we're friends.

GRACE
Is there something I should know about here?

ADAM
Hey, lets all have a threesome!

TRIP
uh... uh, heh heh...

GRACE
(nervous coughing)

TRIP
god, I don't, um...

TRIP
well...

GRACE
(nervous coughing)

TRIP
ha ha, heh...

ADAM
here, let me take off my pants

GRACE
ha ha ha ha ha, heh...

TRIP
ha ha ha!

GRACE
ha ha ha ha!!

TRIP
Ha ha ha, heh, Adam,

GRACE
heh heh...

TRIP
heh heh, you had me going there for a sec...

TRIP
heh, ha ha...

TRIP
You're not afraid to say anything, are you?

TRIP
put us on the spot...

ADAM
You both are so sexy

TRIP
heh heh, you're crazy, you know that?

TRIP
ha ha...

TRIP
(big sigh)

TRIP
Anyway, uh... what were we talking about?

ADAM
Drinks

TRIP
Oh, yeah, uh, I'm gonna fix us some drinks in a sec!

TRIP
Ah, you'll be the first to sample from my new set of imported drinking
glasses.

GRACE
Listen to us, we're arguing in front of our friend.

ADAM
No you aren't

TRIP
Grace, come on, that kind of statement is not helpful... --
(interrupted)

GRACE
You don't agree? Okay, well...

ADAM
I want to get drunk

TRIP
Okay, well, I was worried there for a bit you were on Grace's side
tonight, heh heh, heh.

TRIP
So... drinks...

TRIP
Ah I know... I'm going to open us a magnificent, I mean, astounding
Bordeaux.

ADAM
I'm on your side, grace

TRIP
Oh, come on, let's enjoy ourselves tonight, this wine will be so
good. So good.

TRIP
Top of the line, very rare, very difficult to acquire --

GRACE
God Trip, you are such a wine snob. Just like my dad.

TRIP
I'll take that as a compliment. Adam, what do you say?

GRACE
Adam, maybe you'd like some juice, or a mineral water?

TRIP
What...?

ADAM
Some wine is fine

TRIP
Yeah, no, we need to open this wine! Our friend is here, we're going
to enjoy ourselves, that's all there is to it!

GRACE
(frustrated sigh)

TRIP
I've been dying to try this Bordeaux for a long time, this is the
perfect opportunity --

GRACE
That's not our anniversary wine is it?

GRACE
That's not the Bordeaux we saved from our wedding, that we were going
to drink on our tenth wedding anniversary, RIGHT?!

TRIP
Whoops.

TRIP
Uhh, you're driving me insane!

GRACE
Ahh, no, I'm the one going insane!

GRACE
Our anniversary wine!

GRACE
Sometimes I feel like our whole marriage is just for show! I don't
know what you really feel!

TRIP
(little impatient sigh) Adam, can you believe this?

TRIP
(frustrated sigh)

GRACE
And you...

GRACE
I can predict what you'll say...

GRACE
You're so obnoxiously vulgar tonight, -- (interrupted)

ADAM
Where is my wine?

TRIP
Adam, no, I'm not fixing you a drink right now!

TRIP
Goddamn more real...

TRIP
I like my fancy drinks, okay? I like the good things in life, does
that make me a bad person? Their just drinks!

GRACE
Oh, God...!

GRACE
Alright, you know what, Adam,

GRACE
I'm going to ask you something.

TRIP
Grace --

GRACE
Trip, let me ask our guest a question.

GRACE
Adam, yes or no...

GRACE
If there was a thing about yourself you didn't like, but your husband
or wife likes it, is it still okay to hide it?

TRIP
What?

GRACE
I mean, if your spouse _likes_ something about you, that you don't
like, are you allowed to hide that?

GRACE
Yes or no.

ADAM
no

TRIP
What...?!

TRIP
Oh, alright... yeah...

TRIP
Grace, you won't let me be who I want to be! Who -- who I am! This
is who I am now! Goddammit!

GRACE
Oh, my God...!

GRACE
Uhh! Yeah, good, get away from me!

GRACE
I can't stand you!

GRACE
Dammit, Trip!

ADAM
You are right grace

GRACE
What? What are you saying?

TRIP
Grace, what the hell are you saying about me in there?

GRACE
What do you care?

ADAM
It's all trip's fault

GRACE
Adam, I -- I'm sorry... this is a disaster...

ADAM
I love you grace

GRACE
uhh...

TRIP
Adam, in what you said before, about marriage... I think we've
already learned something about Grace.

GRACE
Oh, we're talking about me, are we?

TRIP
What?

TRIP
Grace, we don't -- we don't have to do this... things are okay, we can
just --

GRACE
Adam, I can't stand the pretending anymore... I can't take it!

ADAM
Are you lonely?

GRACE
Ah!

TRIP
Adam, you're saying... I'm not a loving person? Uhh... no...

ADAM
No

TRIP
Grace, you know I've never wanted anyone but you...

GRACE
No?

TRIP
N -- no...! Adam, I, I -- I mean, no... heh...

ADAM
Have you ever cheated?

GRACE
Ah!

GRACE
Oh God...

TRIP
Heh, hey... heh heh heh, hey, no no no, don't -- don't try to... don't
-- don't to try accuse me of -- of -- of anything with Maria...

ADAM
Trip have you cheated?

TRIP
Yes?

TRIP
No no, there's nothing to... uhh...

GRACE
No, of course, Trip, there's nothing, there's nothing...

ADAM
Grace, have you cheated?

TRIP
Aha!

GRACE
Oh God...

TRIP
What is...? This is making no sense...

GRACE
Oh God... -- (interrupted)

ADAM
Well grace? Have you cheated?

TRIP
Uhh, Adam, we already talked about that, am I wrong?

ADAM
You are always wrong.

GRACE
Look, let's not focus on just me or you, let's talk about us.

GRACE
Adam, you -- you blame me for all this, don't you?

TRIP
See, Grace, you're the one turning this into such a big issue. In
fact I saved you from wasting your life as an artist.

GRACE
What? Oh my God. -- (interrupted)

ADAM
I don't blame grace.

GRACE
Ah!

TRIP
What? Adam, you're saying I'm to blame?

GRACE
Trip sometimes I think my life would be so different if I hadn't
married you. Where my art career might be by now.

TRIP
Your art career...? -- (interrupted)

ADAM
I blame you both.

TRIP
Holy shit... you think I'm to blame... I'm to blame for all this...

TRIP
Uhh...

TRIP
Uhh, you... uhh... does anyone... uhh -- uhh...

TRIP
Uhh...

TRIP
Let's keep talking about Grace.

TRIP
Grace, even though you're now a creative director at work, and even
though you redecorate the apartment all the time, the truth is...
you're not an artist.

ADAM
ok

GRACE
Uhh...!

TRIP
I'm sorry, you're not.

GRACE
Adam, uhh...

GRACE
Adam, you see, this is what I've had to put up with, for ten goddamn
years.

ADAM
Do you love each other?

TRIP
Ah!

GRACE
What...? Are you trying to say... I might not love Trip?

TRIP
What?!

GRACE
Oh, god, I -- is that... is that what you think is happening here?! --
(interrupted)

ADAM
No

TRIP
No?

GRACE
Oh, God, well at least you're taking it back, I -- I think...

(ADAM sits on the couch.)

GRACE
Uhh...

ADAM
What are you saying?

GRACE
Why?

GRACE
Let's keep talking about us, our relationship.

ADAM
Why?

GRACE
You know, I... uhh... I really don't have anyone to talk to...

TRIP
Grace...!

GRACE
Heh, my so-called 'friends', they're just jealous of us, if you can
believe that...

ADAM
You can talk to me.

GRACE
Oh, Adam, look, I know you're trying to help, but right now we just
need get this all out in the open... -- (interrupted)

ADAM
I'll lend your sexy ass an ear.

GRACE
Sex, sex, sex, why is sex such a big deal?

TRIP
What?

GRACE
Why do people always talk about it so much, when it just makes so many
people so unhappy?

ADAM
Sex is fun.

TRIP
Uhh! What... I...

ADAM
don't you have sex

GRACE
No, look, I'm just saying... sex seems like it's more trouble than
it's worth.

TRIP
Oh God, this is so depressing... -- (interrupted)

ADAM
Why?

TRIP
Why?

TRIP
Oh God... this is so frigging insane... uhh...

TRIP
Oh, geez...

ADAM
You should have sex.

TRIP
Let's keep our focus on Grace.

TRIP
Adam, look around this apartment. It's got everything anyone would
ever want. But, Grace, oh no, she's never satisfied.

ADAM
Both of you have sex.

GRACE
Trip, ... ugh ... I'm so sick of this.

ADAM
I LIKE THE ROOM!

GRACE
All this stuff... mmm... Having all this money makes us so happy.
We're so happy, aren't we Trip?

TRIP
Jesus, what do you want! Now you're unhappy because we're too well
off?

TRIP
Well, I mean, Grace, what do you want? -- (interrupted)

ADAM
Are you sarcastic?

GRACE
Nothing! I want nothing!

ADAM
Grace what do you want?

TRIP
Okay, I've had enough of this bullshit!!

TRIP
Adam, I know what you're trying to hint at...

ADAM
Trip what do you want?

(ADAM gets up from the couch.)

TRIP
about us...

TRIP
about our marriage...

TRIP
Do you two want the truth? Huh?

ADAM
Yes

TRIP
Grace, huh?

GRACE
Yes...!

TRIP
Adam, see I've actually been paying close attention to what you've
been saying.

TRIP
You've been pushing me tonight.

TRIP
It makes me wonder if you're really my friend or not.

GRACE
Trip!

TRIP
Adam, I ask you this -- yes or no...

TRIP
Do you really think that...

TRIP
flirting with me...

TRIP
asking if we're okay?...

TRIP
acting inappropriately to Grace...

TRIP
flirting with Grace...

TRIP
saying that Grace is not loved...

TRIP
not defending me when I asked you if I was to blame...

TRIP
and worst of all,

TRIP
suggesting that I'm cheating on Grace...

TRIP
but especially what you said about having more in life and marriage...

TRIP
that we're supposed to now -- (interrupted)

ADAM
No

TRIP
Wait, Adam, let me finish!

ADAM
No

ADAM
Are you sad now?

ADAM
Aww is the little baby sad?

ADAM
You going to cry trip?

ADAM
I'm going over here to fondle grace

(ADAM kisses grace.)

(ADAM kisses grace.)

(ADAM kisses grace.)

(ADAM hugs grace.)

(ADAM hugs grace.)

(ADAM kisses grace.)

(ADAM kisses grace.)

ADAM
Oh yeah baby

ADAM
Like that

ADAM
Fuck yea

ADAM
Suck my cock

(ADAM picks up the advice ball.)

(The advice ball reads, "It's Definite")

ADAM
magic 8 ball says 'Fuck you both'

ADAM
I'm out