Facade Mac Dead?

Crimsonskies

Feb 27, 2008, 3:15:56 AM2/27/08
to Interactive Drama Façade Forum
Hi I wanted to know if Facade for Mac is going to ever be updated with
bug fixes. From my understanding the game was released for Macs over
a year ago and since then there hasn't been one update to it. I know
that things like this take time, but since there hasn't been any
mention of a update for over a year it makes me think the project was
abandoned.

The reason I'm asking is because Facade isn't working on my 2.0 GHz G5
iMac. Every few seconds the characters become unresponsive so I have
to start the game over again, but most of the time it doesn't help at
all. Most times I'm not even able to get through the front door. I
read on the download page that the game would have issues with any
processor under 2.5 GHz but I don't understand how a difference of 0.5
GHz could make the game unplayable. Is there going to be a update
with a fix for this issue sometime in the near future? Or has the
game been abandoned? Thanks!

Andrew Stern

Feb 27, 2008, 11:18:36 AM2/27/08
to Interactive Drama Façade Forum
The Facade download page has always stated, "For Macintosh: requires
2.5GHz G4 or G5 or higher"

Unfortunately it is not possible to make Facade run on computers with
CPUs slower than the minimum requirements.

Andrew

On Feb 27, 12:15 am, Crimsonskies <evan.thomas.hug...@gmail.com>

Crimsonskies

Feb 27, 2008, 7:01:17 PM2/27/08
to Interactive Drama Façade Forum
Thanks for the quick response! It figures my computer fulfills every
other requirement but I still need 0.5 GHz for this game to work. I
guess I'll give this game a try a few years from now when I get a new
computer. Thanks again!