Photoshop CS3 3D Acceleration

South Side

Dec 12, 2010, 7:08:03 PM12/12/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Hey Guys , i don't know how but in my photoshop , the 3D Acceleration
with Intel 945G is activated , i use the sherry driver , can anyone
explain me how the 3D Acceleration is activated , because this never
happened here.

tribaljet

Dec 12, 2010, 7:09:57 PM12/12/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Photoshop gpu acceleration must be turned off for intel igps or
performance will suffer horribly. It can be turned on and off with
other drivers as well. It is usually turned on by default, but for
intel hardware it can't be left on.

AngelicTears

Dec 12, 2010, 7:14:49 PM12/12/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, and good morning (if ur like me just woke up from bed :) )

well, the Sherry V1.2 is a little bit complex driver, and yes some of the features do can enable certain things that are not yet supported before, but performance is undeniably slow / fast according to application requirements....

as a basic terms, V1.2 Sherry enables more features that its older driver version (eg the V1.1 or V1.0) but not all performance are guaranteed for enabling that certain features..

eg : the photoshop apps do support GPU acceleration on any discreet hardware , but not our 945, with Sherry driver (or maybe any other modded driver that u use), u can use GPU acceleration but performance is not guaranteed..

--
9xx SOLDIERS SANS FRONTIERS

tribaljet

Dec 12, 2010, 7:17:44 PM12/12/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
I'm talking with quite some experience here. All integrated chipsets
and low to mid range gpus suffer greatly when gpu acceleration is
turned on, no matter which driver is installed.
That feature was and still is made for nvidia quadro gpus only, and it
works more or less aceptably on high to ultra end gpus.

Photoshop gpu acceleration MUST be turned OFF for any intel hardware.

On 13 Dez, 00:14, AngelicTears <ayiea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there, and good morning (if ur like me just woke up from bed :) )
>
> well, the Sherry V1.2 is a little bit complex driver, and yes some of the
> features do can enable certain things that are not yet supported before, but
> performance is undeniably slow / fast according to application
> requirements....
>
> as a basic terms, V1.2 Sherry enables more features that its older driver
> version (eg the V1.1 or V1.0) but not all performance are guaranteed for
> enabling that certain features..
>
> eg : the photoshop apps do support GPU acceleration on any discreet hardware
> , but not our 945, with Sherry driver (or maybe any other modded driver that
> u use), u can use GPU acceleration but performance is not guaranteed..

South Side

Dec 12, 2010, 7:47:32 PM12/12/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
> Photoshop here is running very well , with some slows because of some filters , but 3d acceleration is on and is not running very bad

Daniel PK

Dec 12, 2010, 9:44:21 PM12/12/10
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
Am on CS5 and the 3D acceleration settings are turned off by default! on my bro's 4 series GPU its turned ON plus openGL as well :(( nevertheless performance is good without those turned on! it does start to hang when working with large number of layers with many effects and filters involved!

tribaljet

Dec 12, 2010, 9:48:33 PM12/12/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
I have no idea how you installed it, I had 3d accel turned on by
default. Anyway, all 3d accelerated CS versions perform worse when
it's turned on. The thing is that performance is worse when
acceleration is turned on.

On 13 Dez, 02:44, Daniel PK <danie...@9xxssf.info> wrote:
> Am on CS5 and the 3D acceleration settings are turned off by default! on my
> bro's 4 series GPU its turned ON plus openGL as well :(( nevertheless
> performance is good without those turned on! it does start to hang when
> working with large number of layers with many effects and filters involved!

Dalmation

Dec 13, 2010, 7:00:21 AM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
I have Photoshop CS4 portable and it's turned off by default, the GPU
is not supported

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 7:47:00 AM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Thanks for helping on this question guys, but i think i gonna turn off
because i'm not a profissional on photoshop and i do not use very
things , and 3D acceleration for me now is useless.

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 7:49:57 AM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
It's cool man. If we intel users could have it turned on and gain
performance, I'd be the first to tell you to do it. But if we get
lower performance, then it's just better to leave it off. Something
that does help with photoshop and other adobe products, is having a
good amount of ram.

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 11:01:07 AM12/13/10

On 13 dez, 10:49, tribaljet <roller...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It's cool man. If we intel users could have it turned on and gain
> performance, I'd be the first to tell you to do it. But if we get
> lower performance, then it's just better to leave it off. Something
> that does help with photoshop and other adobe products, is having a
> good amount of ram.

I have only 1,5 GB of RAM but i use my Pen Drive with Ready Boost so i
think this help me too , and photoshop is ok , anyone here have used
the Photoshop CS5 with a celeron ?

My PC Specs:

Celeron 2.2 GhZ to 2.4 with SetFSB
1.5 GB of Ram
Intel 945G with the Sherry Driver
80 GB HD

my pc is very basic , and i wanna just test the CS5.

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 11:52:17 AM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Is that a single or dual core?
And you should test photoshop with and without readyboost. Also, if
you don't require cs5 features, you can safely go back to previous
lighter versions.

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 1:28:22 PM12/13/10
On 13 dez, 14:52, tribaljet <roller...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is that a single or dual core?
> And you should test photoshop with and without readyboost. Also, if
> you don't require cs5 features, you can safely go back to previous
> lighter versions.

Now i'm using without the ready boost and photoshop when i start , is
very slow to read all brushes , slow with 10 layers and slow to load a
picture

But when i close photoshop and i turn on the Ready Boost , get
faster , a lot faster

i have the Celeron 450 , single core T.T

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 2:12:36 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
What size and r/w speed does that flash drive has?

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 4:36:19 PM12/13/10

On 13 dez, 17:12, tribaljet <roller...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What size and r/w speed does that flash drive has?

Have 8GB and the speed is

Read - 17.24 Mb
Write - 8.53

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 4:38:51 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
It's a tier 2 device, if I'm not mistaken. That should already yield
some good results, specially since you can adjust the size of the
cache to the optimal size. You don't set the entire space for the
cache, do you? After all, windows itself will probably recommend
around 3.2-3.5GB, right?

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 4:47:36 PM12/13/10

On 13 dez, 19:38, tribaljet <roller...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> It's a tier 2 device, if I'm not mistaken. That should already yield
> some good results, specially since you can adjust the size of the
> cache to the optimal size. You don't set the entire space for the
> cache, do you? After all, windows itself will probably recommend
> around 3.2-3.5GB, right?

Windows recommend to me 4094 MB , and yeah , you're right ^^ , i don't
use the entire space because i think i don't need to use this all

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 4:51:03 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
So far, I've seen a dozen different size and specs on flash drives,
and windows always advised correct values. Only rarely would I change
the default value. The thing you have to keep in mind is that you'll
have 4GB wasted, as a readyboost device is not supposed to have any I/
O other than the readyboost cache. Meaning that the best you would do
would to get a good to bus topping 4GB flash drive, and use that 8GB
one you have for general usage.

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 4:55:55 PM12/13/10

On 13 dez, 19:51, tribaljet <roller...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> So far, I've seen a dozen different size and specs on flash drives,
> and windows always advised correct values. Only rarely would I change
> the default value. The thing you have to keep in mind is that you'll
> have 4GB wasted, as a readyboost device is not supposed to have any I/
> O other than the readyboost cache. Meaning that the best you would do
> would to get a good to bus topping 4GB flash drive, and use that 8GB
> one you have for general usage.

Is rare for me to use the flash drive , so i just keep him on the PC ,
but sometimes i have to remove because my PC don't start -.-

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 4:57:00 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
What do you mean, your PC doesn't start?

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 5:17:37 PM12/13/10

On 13 dez, 19:57, tribaljet <roller...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean, your PC doesn't start?

He don't complete the boot , i think that happens because the mobo
identify the flash drive like a boot device , the boot stops on the
name of the mobo

ECS 945GCT-M (v2.0)

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 5:25:28 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
That's easily solvable. Just enter BIOS setup, go to boot options and
disable or lower usb devices priorities. But it shouldn't hang at boot
because if the flash drive has no boot sectors, then it would be
skipped and went to start windows. Can also be your hard drive, or the
windows install. Try checking the disk for bad sectors and system file
errors.

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 5:28:18 PM12/13/10
On 13 dez, 20:25, tribaljet <roller...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> That's easily solvable. Just enter BIOS setup, go to boot options and
> disable or lower usb devices priorities. But it shouldn't hang at boot
> because if the flash drive has no boot sectors, then it would be
> skipped and went to start windows. Can also be your hard drive, or the
> windows install. Try checking the disk for bad sectors and system file
> errors.

i gonna try later this , thanks for the advice ^^

Another question , anyone know if need for speed world is playable at
the 945G ?

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 5:30:20 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Man, I've been playing it since it was in closed beta, it's great, for
a free game. At 1024x768 and minimum settings, I get 15-40 fps. Just
make sure you don't have anything else stealing your bandwidth or
increasing your ping.

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 5:35:55 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
anyway , thanks for helping , everybody here is helpful and i'm
grateful for this

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 5:42:09 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
i Think i'm gonna play this game , because i'm having a BIG LAG on
Call Of Duty 1 and i don't know why

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 5:46:12 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
another question , sorry for being annoying

But Alliance Of Valiant Arms is playable on 945G or not?
with the sherry drivers

tribaljet

Dec 13, 2010, 6:17:00 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
Damn, google groups is really bugging out on me today :S I'm getting
the msgs at a very delayed pace.
I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with that game :S From the
requirements, it might run, but if the gpus required also indicate a
SM3 requirement, then it can't run on 945 chipsets. Some might tell
you to try swiftshader, a software renderer, but if you play a game at
15-20 fps, with swiftshader it's most likely to run at 1-6. It depends
from case to case.
Can't give much feedback on that as I have a chipset not yet supported
by V1.2.

South Side

Dec 13, 2010, 6:29:18 PM12/13/10
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers