What does this mean??

Opel

May 18, 2011, 1:55:22 PM5/18/11
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
I've just read an article on Windows 8 and i saw something called ARM
processors and that Windows 8 will be supported by them processors,
intel confirmed this, but anyway i'm here to ask what does this ARM
processor mean whatever it is Windows 8 supports it.

Tribaljet

May 18, 2011, 2:18:03 PM5/18/11
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
It means Windows 8 will support a type of CPU that's mostly known for
having low cost, less complexity and lower power draw, being mainly
used on mobile devices like tablets, pdas, smartphones, and such.

Opel

May 18, 2011, 3:45:17 PM5/18/11
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
wow that cool so windows is going even further now in which they
should cos things like ipads are now taking over.
> > processor mean whatever it is Windows 8 supports it.- Hide quoted text -

lolattheotherguy

May 18, 2011, 4:14:01 PM5/18/11
to 9xx Soldiers sans frontiers
dude, I'd never want to troll or anything but asking this on a google
group means you know what google is. Also you should know it has a
search engine...

Espionage724

May 18, 2011, 6:24:17 PM5/18/11
to intel9x...@googlegroups.com
From Wikipedia as Tribaljet pretty much stated:

"The relative simplicity of ARM processors makes them suitable for low power applications. As a result, they have become dominant in the mobile and embedded electronics market, as relatively low-cost, small microprocessors and microcontrollers."

--
9xx SOLDIERS SANS FRONTIERS