Why should one use RSX 3D instead of DS3D API?

Mikael Hagén

Nov 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/21/98
After reading the RSX documentation I see no major benefit of using RSX 3D
compared to DS3D except much better software 3D support.
The API is quite different and I would say not so future safe as DS3D is.
What other benefits am I missing?
The advantage that you can run it on NT4 isn't much considering no support
for D3D exist so it's not much use for most games or other apps that uses
D3D.
Can you take advantage of extensions to DS3D like EAX from RSX 3D?
Does Intel continue to enhance RSX 3D?
If yes what new feature is planned and when will the new release be
available?
What applications or games use RSX 3D?
Mikael Hagén
3DsoundSurge
http://3dss.negativezero.com/

--
Mikael Hagén
3DsoundSurge

Jim A

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
Mikael.

Thank you for posting your questions on the 3D RSX forum. For a detailed
analysis, please compare the features of RSX listed at
http://developer.intel.com/ial/rsx/feature3.htm and
http://developer.intel.com/ial/rsx/wpaper.htm to the features provided by the
DS3D API to determine which is right for your needs.

I hope this provides you with the information to answer your questions.

Best Regards,
Jim A.
Intel Customer Support
ial.s...@intel.com