Reset to factory defaults

Mattias Svensson

Jul 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/31/00
I have an Intel NetportExpress Pro/100 with only one parallellport, how do I reset it to factory defaults. I can't connect to it in any other way.

/mattias

Intel® Customer Support - Philip H

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00

Have you tried to connect to the device using Netport® Manager? Have you
installed NetBEUI on a Windows* PC to aid in detection of the print server?
Have you tried to connect to the print server using your web browser by
typing in the IP address of the device into the address field?

If none of these have been successful, please let us know and we can email
you something that may possibly help.

Thanks,

Philip H
MCSE, CNA
Internet Support Engineer
Intel® Customer Support
Networking Products
http://support.intel.com
sup...@mailbox.intel.com

* All other brands and names are property of their respective owners.

"Mattias Svensson" <msve...@reico.com> wrote in message

evrard duplan

Aug 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/7/00
Hello:
I have a Netport Express Pro. After installing the
configuration software provided by Intel, I cannot
access the Print Server even if it discovers it and
detectes the device ID. I am running TCP/IP.
The print serveri sattached to my Win 98 PC.
I print a diag page when I press down the button.
I am trying to see if the device is faulty or not, or
if it is aconfiguration problem.
Thank you

Intel® Customer Support - Philip H

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00

Make sure that you install the NetBEUI protocol and that it does not end up
in the bindings list of any possible dial-up adapters. Have you been able
to set an IP address on the print server? Do you have a DHCP server
somewhere on your network? Have you tried accessing the device through its
own web server with your browser? Here are some further suggestions:

http://support.intel.com/support/netport/24477.htm

Please keep us updated on this and let us know if we can provide further
assistance.

Thanks,

Philip H
MCSE, CNE