Computer hangs during shutdown and floppy problems

Dominik Neuhaus

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
We have Win95 Workstations running LVP 5.02/5.03 clients attached to
NT4 SP4 Servers running LVP 5.02/5.03 (2 domains). On serveral workstations
the computer hangs during shutdown and the computer has to be switched off.

Furthermore the computer floppies sporadically rumble for 10-20 seconds
a few times a day after installation of LVP 5.02. Working during this
process is not possible because the computer performance is down like
a computer that "hangs".

Can anyone help me?

Best regards,

Dominik

Greg Rotunda

Jun 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/29/99
P.S. Sometimes no matter what I select, the computer will "hang" and have to be powered off.

Chip

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99
We had the problem with the floppy drive cycling for no reason. We found that removing FindFast from the startup folder solved the problem. I hope this helps.

Chip

Intel(r) Lee G

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99

Dominik Neuhaus wrote:

Dominik
Download this patch and install it.
ftp://ftp.intel.com/pub/support/files/outgoing/42728.zip
This directory is a hidden directory so key in the line as i have it the file
starts the download.
--
Have a nice day
Intel(R) LeeG.

Intel(r) Lee G

Jun 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/30/99

Greg Rotunda wrote:

> P.S. Sometimes no matter what I select, the computer will "hang" and have to be powered off.

Hello
Download this patch and install it: ftp://ftp.intel.com/pub/support/files/outgoing/42728.zip
This is a hidden directory so the file name starts the download. Key the location in as I have it. If this does not fix your problem check the NIC card. We have had several BAD nics that caused the error The file you are trying to open is in use.