Runtime error 200 (Division by zero) on Pentium II 333MHz- Processors?

Roger Züger

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

Hi all,

i've got a problem. On my new PC with an Intel 333MHz P2, many "older"
DOS programs (like the install-program from DukeNukem3D) doesn't work
under DOS 6.20 and NT 4.0.
It always display the error Message "Runtime error 200 at xxxx:xxxx"
(Division by zero). But the programs work correctly on my old 486-33MHz
pc! On my new pc i've also installed Windows NT 4.0 and this works
correctly, no "blue-screen" or other bad things...

Now i've seen, on a Thosiba Notebook 550CDT with an Intel P2 - 266MHz,
i've got the same problem. A TurboPascal-Program, that i've programmed,
display the same error message. But the Program works correctly on other
Intel Pentiums (like Pentium 166MHz, or Pentium II - 233MHz). Does anyone
know about this problem. Please mail me at roger....@alcatel.ch.

Thanks...

Roger

methylparaben

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

poor poor Frank. ;-)

Frank Oliver

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

WWW.PRO-DESK.COM/INSIDE/SPECIAL/ERROR200.HTM

And, there he goes again...

Bye,

Frank

PS, only about a million people already know about this.

A Whoa Dude

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

know about what?

the norwegian blue or the runtime 200?

Frank Oliver wrote:

--
If the NewsPaperSpeak term for Illegal Alien is Undocumented Migrant,
what is the term for Murder Victim? Non Consenting Organ Donor? And a

u...@ftc.gov comm...@mail.house.gov
http://www.e-scrub.com/cgi-bin/wpoison/wpoison.cgi

Frank Oliver

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Both actually. Can you believe this? I have come to the conclusion that nobody reads this, nobody researches this, they just post! This info is rediculously widely available but still occurs. Maybe I should set up a "pay per view" web site to answer this same, hopelessly, redundant question.

Anybody interested in a class action suit against Borland nee Imprise for flagrantly violating Intel programming guidelines???

I would not keep up with this if I did not feel sorry for these compatriots (for the most part) that do not deserve these results.

Thx for your, and others, support, but I think it is time for someone besides Intel to be made to step to the front of the line.

I mean, violate programming guidelines, change name, hide away, does this mean anything at all???

Best Regards,

Frank

Tim

Jun 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/2/98

Hi Roger,

In addition to the link that Frank Oliver has posted, there are pages
of information about this on the Intel support site and the Inprise
(formerly known as "Borland") website.

The Intel support site info is available at:
http://support.intel.com/support/processors/pentiumII/run200.htm

The Inprise info is available at:
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/pascal/

This is a known issue that affects programs that have been compiled on
a Borland TurboPascal* compiler when the programs are run on a faster
processor. That is why it worked on slower machines and delivers the
"Runtime Error 200" on faster systems.

Have a look at those links and see if that helps.

Regards,
Tim
Intel Internet Support

*All other brands and names are property of their respective owners.

Captain Ahab

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

But the only COMPLETE source of information, including the actual program
fixes and the code listings are at http://www.pro-desk.com/inside .

Captain Ahab

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

Frank,

If you are interested, the /inside site has been averaging 60,000 to 65,000
hits per week and there has been several weeks where the number one "source"
of the hits have been from/through Intel. The majority of these are going
to the Runtime error or the remarked processors sections first!

Frank Oliver

Jun 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/3/98

Interested yes, surprised, no.

Best Regards,