Can't load multi-track BED file into IGB (originally posted on BioStars)

IGB Helper

Jun 8, 2020, 11:05:40 AM6/8/20
to integrated-genome...@googlegroups.com
An IGB user posted the following question on the BioStars Web site:

I have BED files of some ChIP-seq data that has been supplied to me from a company that has done our analysis for us. I'd like to view them in IGB and compare to some other files I have. However, when I load the file and then click the load data button, there's nothing there across the whole genome. These files do however work in the UCSC genome browser. What am I missing here?

Later, she wrote:

I think I just figured out the problem (maybe). The bed file provided for me by the company is not single track, it contains multiple tracks. I know IGV doesn't support multiple tracks and I'm guessing IGB is having the same problem. Is there a way to split the multiple tracks file into single track files? Maybe UCSC can do this I haven't had chance to read and check yet.

It turns out the problem was indeed the fact that the file contained data for multiple tracks.

Later, BioStars user Pierre Lindenbaum posted a Unix command for splitting a bed file into multiple files.

To see the original thread, visit: https://www.biostars.org/p/160075/