Adding reference genome to IGB

Dan

Oct 27, 2020, 5:39:21 PM10/27/20
to Integrated Genome Browser Help Desk
the specie I am working on is not shown on IGB data base. Please how do I add a custom genome for visualizing alignment.

Please any thought?

Thank you

Nowlan Freese

Oct 28, 2020, 9:14:04 AM10/28/20
to Integrated Genome Browser Help Desk
To visualize a custom genome in IGB:
  1. Select File > Open Genome from File... (or click the DNA icon in the Toolbar.)
  2. Select a sequence file to use as the reference genome (fasta or 2bit format).
  3. Optional: Enter an IGB-friendly genome version name (optional)
  4. Optional: Enter the species name, including genus, species and variety as appropriate (optional)
  5. Click OK and wait for the genome to load.
  6. Open data files as usual. And to view sequence, zoom in and click Load Sequence
Let me know if you have any other questions, I would be happy to help.

Best,

Nowlan