Recommendation of surveyor by Broker

Ca Lakshmanan

Jun 5, 2024, 3:50:06 AMJun 5
to Insurance surveyors
Dear all concerned,
I am CA. M. Lakshmanan based in Madurai doing survey for more than 40 years and a fellow member of IIISLA. Recently I have been appointed by a Public Sector Insurance Company to conduct survey for a loss under Bankers' Indemnity Policy. In the trailing mail I found that the Insurance Brocker of the Bank while intimating the loss to the Insurance Company has recommended a particular surveyor to be appointed to be entrusted with the survey. I am happy that in spite of the recommendation the Insurance Company has appointed me to do the survey. My question is that, whether the Brocker can recommend a surveyor?

Yours in Service,

CA. M. Lakshmanan, B.Com., F.C.A., DISA(ICAI), FIIISLA,
Partner, M. Lakshman & Co., Chartered Accountants,
'VALAMPURI',16, Pandian Street, Alagappan Nagar, MADURAI 625003,
Tamilnadu State, INDIA. Phone:0452- 4952973

Mobile:09994992973. Alternate email id : mlc...@gmail.com
(Insurance Surveyor cum Loss Assessor)

(Deputy World Chairman, GIANTS Welfare Foundation, Mumbai)

Confidentiality Note : This information in the message and/or attachments may be fake and is intended solely for the recipient named above. It may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and that any use of it is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Do not read, copy, use or circulate this communication

REQUEST:- You can forward this email, but please ensure to delete the forwarding history as a courtesy to those who may not wish to have their addresses displayed. Please use the 'Bcc' box instead of the 'To' box to help prevent Spammers from mining addresses and  spreading viruses.  Thank you.

Think Twice Before Printing || Save Trees Save Earth

God! Please grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change,
the Courage to change things I can and wisdom to know the difference.

Ca Lakshmanan

Jun 21, 2024, 12:44:41 AMJun 21
to Insurance surveyors
Dear friends,
I am sorry that no one had responded.
Yours faithfully,
CA. M. Lakshmanan.

Ram Awadh

Jun 21, 2024, 12:50:58 AMJun 21
to insurance...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,
Surveyor can be deputed / appointed by an insurer or insured. Brokers do not come under that ambit. If insured will appoint the surveyor the survey fee, to be paid by him.
Regards

Narendra Khatri

Jun 21, 2024, 1:17:47 AMJun 21
to insurance...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

The insured/Agent/Development Officer/Brokers can refuse a particular surveyor but they can not insist
for a particular surveyor.

Thanks and Regards,

N H Khatri,
Insurance Surveyor and Valuer

"Yogeshwar", 19 Vidya Nagar,
Akola - 444001

0724 -2458126
9822019601

On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 10:14 AM Ca Lakshmanan <calaks...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ram Awadh

Jun 21, 2024, 2:35:59 AMJun 21
to insurance...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,
Surveyor can be deputed / appointed by an insurer or insured. Brokers do not come under that ambit. If insured will appoint the surveyor the survey fee, to be paid by him.
Regards
RAM AVADH SINGH
SLA GHAZIABAD

On Fri, Jun 21, 2024 at 10:14 AM Ca Lakshmanan <calaks...@gmail.com> wrote:

SANJAY VARSHNEY

Jul 3, 2024, 5:31:36 AM (13 days ago) Jul 3
to insurance...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,
Here the question is can Broker firms be liable to give their choices to survey the loss to Insurer, nowadays this practice is very common.
Regards
Sanjay Varshney
Surveyor
Lucknow

Ca Lakshmanan

Jul 9, 2024, 8:34:59 AM (7 days ago) Jul 9
to Insurance surveyors
Dear Sirs,
In my opinion the Brocker should not recommend a Surveyor, because the Surveyor may become obliged to the Brocker in assessing the loss. IRDAI should come out with a circular/notification to this effect.
Yours faithfully,
CA. M. Lakshmanan, Madurai.

Dilip Ashtekar

Jul 9, 2024, 5:44:23 PM (6 days ago) Jul 9
to insurance...@googlegroups.com
I support your views.
We should not be a slave of Agent.
Even that they keep their shares from our survey fees.
They takes a details from our report & then out sources at cheaper rate.
With regards.

Dilip. B. Ashtekar
(Surveyor)
Associated Surveyors and Valuers.