Contributing Tests

nickt

Mar 6, 2009, 4:03:00 PM3/6/09
to instinct-general
I'd be happy work on writing new tests for instinct if someone could
point me in the right direction. I've only worked with it a little
bit so far, but am much more impressed with it than the other BDD
libraries. I have to say, I'm pretty new at writing tests though.

Jem

Mar 14, 2009, 11:01:25 PM3/14/09
to instinct...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick

Thanks for your offer of help. It's much appreciated.

I'd suggest running a build of core and checking the coverage report at ./build/coverage/index.html  The clover report has great cloud visualisations of both project risks and quick wins. See what you feel comfortable taking a bite at.

If possible, I'd suggest using Instinct to test Instinct. It's always good to eat your own gourmet dog food.

Cheers
Jem

2009/3/7 nickt <ntk...@gmail.com>

--
http://mawson.wordpress.com/

Tom Adams

Mar 15, 2009, 6:53:26 PM3/15/09
to instinct...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Jem's on the right track, this'd would be an excellent starting point.

My only advice is that when you right specs using Instinct, you will
need to manually add them to a suite to get them to run in the build.
The issue is that we write specs specifically for testing the Instinct
core (e.g. a spec that is meant to fail) and you usually don't want
these to run. Once Instinct supports groups, this issue will go away.

Tom

tom adams | e:tomjadams<at>gmail.com

nickt

Mar 17, 2009, 10:26:09 AM3/17/09
to instinct-general
Okay, thanks, I'll take a look at it. How do I "submit" stuff? For
starters I just was trying to build/run the example application and
fixed all the errors about build path elements missing (because of old
versions being referenced). I figured I'd start with submitting the
patched .project file (I use Eclipse--no particular reason other than
it's free :). I'm guessing I should make a patch (not completely sure
how to) and submit that somewhere?