ContextClasses (Instinct Test Suites)

1 view

tecopen

Sep 17, 2008, 9:58:58 AM9/17/08
to instinct-general
Hi.

I'm using Instinct under eclipse and when using @ContextClasses
annotations I get a double tree within the JUnit window instead of the
normal test tree when using @RunWith(Suite.class) and normal JUnit
tests. Also, the names of the individual classes included in the
suite seem to get lost.

ej: (
______JUnit test suite:
+ com.example.TestSuite [Runner: JUnit 4] (0,150s)
+ ATest
+ aPassingTest (0,007s)
+ AnotherTest
+ aPassingTest (0,007s)

______Instinct expectation suite:
+ com.example.ExpectationSuite [Runner: JUnit 4]
+ aPassingExpectation
+ aPassingExpectation
+ Unrooted Tests [Runner: JUnit 4] (0,150s)
+ aPassingExpectation (0,007s)
+ aPassingExpectation (0,007s)

Is this a general Instinct problem or specific to Eclipse?

Tom Adams

Sep 17, 2008, 6:37:35 PM9/17/08
to instinct...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

That does indeed look odd.

Chris: Do you know why this is behaving this way?

What version of Instinct are you using? If it's the latest release, it
may have something to do with some refactoring I've done under the hood.

Tom

--
tom adams | e:tomjadams<at>gmail.com

tecopen

Sep 19, 2008, 5:52:54 AM9/19/08
to instinct-general
Hi Tom.

Indeed I'm using the latest 0.1.9 version but I backtracked through to
0.1.5 and all versions seem to display the same symptoms.

Tested with Eclipse 3.4.0 and JUnit 4 under Ubuntu 8.04
JDKs 1.5.0 & OpenJDK 6

tecopen

Sep 27, 2008, 10:18:35 AM9/27/08
to instinct-general
Hi again.

I just attempted, with success, using the jUnit4 @RunWith(Suite.class)
& @SuiteClasses instead of the @ContextClasses and using the
@RunWith(InstinctRunner.class) only on the actual specification
classes.

All Output was as expected which simply raises the question:
What additional value does @ContextClasses offer?