is there a way to point pollit to twilio or somesuch?

James Dwyer

May 23, 2020, 8:44:26 AM5/23/20
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
I really do not wish to have Ma Bell jump down my throat for A2P texts on my consumer phone. Nuntium shows a twilio hook but how to use it eludes me.

Mauricio Muller

May 26, 2020, 12:25:02 PM5/26/20
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
  Hello James.

You can send polls from Pollit through text messages using the Nuntium Local Gateway for Android. This is the APK.

Currently, Pollit cannot be connected to Twilio, but if you need to use Twilio you can use this tool to send surveys.

  Best regards, Mauricio.

Imani Irema

Aug 18, 2021, 2:53:29 AM8/18/21
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hi Mauricio,
I wanted to ask, is there a way to display a recipient's name in a message in Pollit?
To make it more personal eg (Hi "Imani", thank you for taking part in our poll)

Mauricio Müller

Aug 18, 2021, 12:09:24 PM8/18/21
to insted...@googlegroups.com

  Hello Imani,

It's not possible to use the respondent's name as a variable in another poll question, only using Pollit. You need to connect this tool to another one to achieve it.

  A good combination for this case may be to connect Pollit to mBuilder (http://mbuilder.instedd.org/).

  Please take a look at the InSTEDD tools here: https://instedd.org/tool-directory/

  Kind regards,

Mauricio Müller
Manas Technology Solutions
[ar.phone] +54 11 4796 0232
[us.phone] +1 234 542 8846
[email] mmu...@manas.tech
[web] man.as/mau

Imani Irema

Aug 20, 2021, 12:25:00 PM8/20/21
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Thank you Mauricio,
I was able to get it working using mbuilder.

cheers.

Mauricio Müller

Aug 20, 2021, 4:18:56 PM8/20/21
to insted...@googlegroups.com

  Imani, glad you could work with mBuilder!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

  Best regards,

Mauricio Müller
Manas Technology Solutions
[ar.phone] +54 11 4796 0232
[us.phone] +1 234 542 8846
[email] mmu...@manas.tech
[web] man.as/mau

imani irema

Oct 8, 2021, 4:03:35 AM10/8/21
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Hope you are doing well.
Of recent I have noticed that none of my triggers seem to work in any of my mbuilder apps. I have also tried to create a new app with a simple sms send trigger and used the sandbox to test, but that also doesn't seem to work. The local gateway app also displays an error when you press start, see below:

Is there something wrong with the service? Or is this an isolated issue that I am facing?

Incase it might help, my mbuilder account is: imani...@gmail.com

Best,
Imani Irema
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "InSTEDD Technology Users Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/instedd-tech/CAG5_QrQ3BBv9sLBbJ3CwBEsVyRvXdrQ8BNkBo2iVF%2BS_dHA7BA%40mail.gmail.com.

Matías García Isaía

Oct 12, 2021, 11:37:39 AM10/12/21
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Imani,

we're facing some infrastructure issues with the platform. I can't give an estimated timeline for the solution, but we're working on that.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let you know as soon as we've deployed a fix.

imani irema

Oct 13, 2021, 1:30:39 AM10/13/21
to insted...@googlegroups.com, mga...@manas.tech, Isaac Lya2, ln...@hsph.harvard.edu, ssh...@hsph.harvard.edu
Hi Matías,
Thank you for the information and we hope that the system comes back online soon.

Matías García Isaía

Oct 21, 2021, 12:10:36 PM10/21/21
to imani irema, insted...@googlegroups.com, Isaac Lya2, ln...@hsph.harvard.edu, ssh...@hsph.harvard.edu
Hi Imani,

can you try again to test if the Local Gateway works?

Let me know if there's any new issue going around - but this one should be fixed by now.

imani irema

Oct 22, 2021, 2:45:04 AM10/22/21
to Matías García Isaía, insted...@googlegroups.com, Isaac Lya2, ln...@hsph.harvard.edu, ssh...@hsph.harvard.edu
Hi Matías,
I was able to test the local gateway and some of my mbuilder triggers, everything worked as expected. I will keep you posted incase I notice any unusual behaviour.

Thank again.