Install Verboice on Ubuntu 18.04/20.04/22.04

David Maina

Feb 27, 2023, 12:57:05 AM2/27/23
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hi,

Are there instructions available for installing Verboice on any of the latest(18.04/20.04/22.04) LTS Ubuntu?

Matías García Isaía

Feb 27, 2023, 1:14:10 PM2/27/23
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

We don't have any specific install instructions for those platforms yet. You can check the Verboice repo's Dockerfiles to see what dependencies you may need - they're based on Debian Docker images, but changing that to Ubuntu shouldn't be too difficult.

You can also just try running Verboice using the Docker images instead of doing a native setup.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 2:57 AM David Maina <maina...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Are there instructions available for installing Verboice on any of the latest(18.04/20.04/22.04) LTS Ubuntu?

David Maina

Feb 27, 2023, 7:58:51 PM2/27/23
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matías,

Where can I find those Docker images?

Matías García Isaía

Feb 28, 2023, 6:33:49 AM2/28/23
to insted...@googlegroups.com
We build & deploy the Docker images to Docker Hub. The latest release is instedd/verboice:3.4.6. There's a companion image for the broker, too: instedd/verboice-broker:3.4.6.

The Dockerfiles and steps to build the images are all in the Github repo: https://github.com/instedd/verboice

And here's a template for old Rancher 1.6 that shows one way to deploy Verboice in a docker-compose-based setup: https://github.com/instedd/rancher-catalog/tree/master/templates/verboice/1

Your mileage may vary, of course - but those links should help you take off at least.

David Maina

Feb 28, 2023, 11:10:46 PM2/28/23
to insted...@googlegroups.com