Advice request from a novice: establishing a SIP channel with a local mobile operator

porte...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2018, 1:58:42 AM4/3/18
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hi,
My office (an NGO) would like to test out Verboice as part of a project in Cambodia. We do not have funding for this right now, so we are trying to do this at low cost.

I don't have any coding/IT expertise. We have an IT officer who knows how to configure our server, etc., but I'm not too confident about his ability to write code.

I have opened a Verboice account and I know how to set up call flows, but I am stuck at channel establishment.
The Verboice website gives good advice on setting up channels with callcentric, twillio etc., but I have not found instructions for setting up a SIP channel with the local mobile operator.

We would like to send voice messages from a local Cambodian number, so we have established a SIP account with a local phone operator. However, I have not been able to figure out how to establish a link between Verboice and that SIP account. The Verboice SIP channel interface asks for username, password, etc, but all the mobile operator has given me is IP addresses for "signalling" and "media".

I have had the following exchanges with the local mobile operator:
  • The mobile operator provided us with IP addresses for "signalling" and "media", and then asked us to share our SIP info so that they can configure SIP peering.
  • Later the mobile operator said "For SIP connection, we require (i) PBX system which supports SIP peering; (ii) Public IP which supports voice. "

Could someone please help me with step by step instructions on how to establish a SIP channel in Verboice, using a local mobile operator?

thanks!
Keith

Kakada Chheang

Apr 5, 2018, 10:22:03 PM4/5/18
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keith,

We look forward to meet with your IT this afternoon at iLab SEA as we scheduled over email. We look forward to learn more details from your IT and see what can we recommendation or support from there.

Best,
Kakada

Kakada Chheang

Lead Software Developer, InSTEDD iLab Southeast Asia

http://www.ilabsoutheastasia.org

Office: +855 23 996750

Mobile: +855 69 860 012

Skype:  kakada.chheang