First incoming call goes through, subsequent ones, line busy

Dubem Umeasiegbu

Jun 11, 2017, 5:21:41 AM6/11/17
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hi,

I have a Voiceblue GSM gateway and a Verboice 3.0 application running on Virtual box.

After much struggle, I finally was able to access the Verboice interface and configure it.
The challenge here was; regardless of configuration method, Verboice needs to 'see' the internet before the interface can be accessed.
This step/ instruction I did not see anywhere and it is not very practical for remote/offline applications.

I configured Voiceblue and Verboice according to https://github.com/instedd/verboice/wiki/Gateway-Voiceblue
I have 4 GSM SIM cards installed, I made a call to one of them, it went through and the configured call flow played out perfectly well.

Subsequent calls to that same number or to any of the other three always tells me, Line busy.

Please where do you think the issue is from, Voiceblue or Verboice?
The only way it works again is if I reset the Voiceblue gateway then reconfigure it. First incoming call works, subsequent ones do not work,I get Line busy.

Thanks a lot,
Dubem
Please do you have more documentation/steps on configuring both Voiceblue and Verboice.

Santiago Palladino

Jun 12, 2017, 9:58:00 AM6/12/17
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dubem,

Unfortunately, there is no further documentation on the Voiceblue setup besides the wiki page.

Could you point out the exact version of Verboice you are working with? There is already a 3.1.3 release, though none of the changes between 3.0 and 3.1.3 seem to affect the issue you are having.

To help us troubleshoot the issue: when you perform the first incoming call, and then hang up, what information does the Calls page show in Verboice? Does the call show as being still Active, or already Completed? Also, for the subsequent calls that fail, do they show up in Verboice? Or the Voiceblue itself is reporting the line to be busy?

Thank you!

Best,

--
Santiago Palladino
Manas Technology Solutions

Santiago Palladino

Jun 12, 2017, 9:59:27 AM6/12/17
to insted...@googlegroups.com
As for the offline deployment, Verboice makes use of a set of shared assets that you can actually download and run locally, and configure your Verboice installation to make use of them, in case connectivity is a deal-breaker.

Best,

--
Santiago Palladino
Manas Technology Solutions
[ar.phone] 4796.0232
[us.phone] 312.612.1050
[email] spall...@manas.tech
[web] man.as/spl

Dubem Umeasiegbu

Jun 12, 2017, 4:21:28 PM6/12/17
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hola Santiago,

Thanks for getting back to me. The exact version is verboice-3.0-20161122-Main
Verboice shows the first call's state as Completed. It does not show anything for all the other calls.
Apparently 2N Voiceblue Next is reporting them as busy.
I wonder if any other person has encountered this kind of issue before?

Thanks,
Dubem

Dubem Umeasiegbu

Oct 28, 2017, 12:54:30 PM10/28/17
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hola Santiago,

I finally resolved the issue.

Using SIM cards that worked with Voiceblue & Verboice, I captured the SIP traffic using Wireshark and analysed it.
I did the same with the problematic SIM cards then noticed that, the incoming call numbers were hidden and were not being received by Verboice.
That was what caused the Line busy issue.

I got SIM cards from the same networks but with visible incoming call numbers (no more blocked or hidden) and voila, it worked as anticipated.

Thanks & best regards,
Dubem