Hi.. I'm new! (introduction)

1 view

Gemini606

Mar 18, 2011, 10:53:31 PM3/18/11
to Instawalk SF
I somehow stumbled upon this group tonight.. I saw the reminder about
tomorrow's photo walk and subsequent postponement due to inclement
weather. Thank God! I did the photo walk with @joshjohnson three weeks
ago and I realized, I'm not cut out for cold weather.

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Robyn and I am not a
photographer, but I have had a huge interest in photography for years.
I was a scrap booker *gasp!* for over 10 years. (don't worry, I don't
have a collection of cat themed sweatshirts, wear "mom jeans" or have
a bunch of bedazzled clothing) Scrap booking drove me into
"meaningful" photography. Last year I started Project365 on my iPhone
and it drove me towards wanting to take more INTERESTING photos... As
well as collecting hundreds of photo apps for my iPhone.. Cha-ching$$
$.

Last year, i created a photostream on flickr. I don't post on
Instagram all the time, but I lurk a lot. I'm in awe of many of the
artists there. Once I get my skills and confidence up, I will post
more. I love the community aspect of both flickr and Instagram. But
Instagram is more specific to iphoneography. And I dig that!

So, what about you? Who are you? How'd you get here? :)

Glad to be here..
Robyn | Gemini606 (flickr & Instagram)

Doctor Popular

Mar 21, 2011, 2:09:56 PM3/21/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
Hey Robyn, my name is Doc (@docpop on the IG and tweetars). Sorry we weren't able to do the walk on Saturday, but hopefully we'll do another one in SF very soon.

I'm really digging Instagram too, especially for all the cool conversations I've been having through there. I've also been working on a Daily App Experiment, where I try to tweak images only using my iPhone and various apps. I'm 108 days in so far and still learning new tricks http://docpop.org/dae

This group is do-ocracy driven, so if you have an idea for a photowalk or anything like that, please pitch it through the list. If other folks can make it, I'm sure they'll chime in. Thanks for introducing yourself!
--
-Doctor Popular
Game Designer/Musician

Gemini606

Mar 21, 2011, 11:36:16 PM3/21/11
to Instawalk SF
Thanks Doc! I actually "discovered" you yesterday on Instagram. I
found the #appsperiment set and I was blown away by your work. I found
myself with my face in my phone all day long because of the discovery
of the set. My husband thanks you! NOT! :~)) (he's tired of my iPhone/
photo addiction). There's so much great talent out there.

I don't actually live in San Francisco, I'm in the south bay. I have a
friend who's a photographer who's very intrigued by iPhoneography, but
she doesn't have an iPhone. Poor dear! (she can borrow my 3GS) She and
I have been trying to plan another outing either in San Francisco or
Oakland (btw, we got fantastic shots near Jack London last year). If
she and I coordinate a date and time to come up, I'll definitely put
an invite out to all of you. Otherwise, I'll be on the look out for
other outings coordinated by the rest of you. I tend to have far more
confidence when traveling with a pack of like minded people.:)

Oh, and your flickr? I think I'll be all over that for the rest of the
evening! Thanks for posting.

On Mar 21, 11:09 am, Doctor Popular <yoyogen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Robyn, my name is Doc (@docpop on the IG and tweetars). Sorry we weren't
> able to do the walk on Saturday, but hopefully we'll do another one in SF
> very soon.
>
> I'm really digging Instagram too, especially for all the cool conversations
> I've been having through there. I've also been working on a Daily App
> Experiment, where I try to tweak images only using my iPhone and various
> apps. I'm 108 days in so far and still learning new trickshttp://docpop.org/dae

Doctor Popular

Mar 22, 2011, 1:59:18 PM3/22/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
Cool. If you get into creating app-edited experiments, I hope you tag them with our #appsperiment tag too. I love seeing that pool grow :)