let's go for a walk!

robotblood

Mar 13, 2011, 12:08:01 AM3/13/11
to Instawalk SF
I think next Saturday, the 19th of March, is an excellent day for a
photo walk.
what do you think? care to join me?
I'm thinking we can meet at 130 at cupid's span- the end of Folsom at
the water...the giant bow and arrow sculpture.
we can walk along the water to fisherman's wharf. about 2.5 miles.
lots of things to see and I'm sure tons of people to watch.
perhaps grabbing some coffee at the ferry building and some food at
the wharf?
open to all suggestions.
let's go !!

ramona

Nicole Aptekar

Mar 13, 2011, 1:40:21 AM3/13/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com, robotblood
Sounds excellent! Lets do it!

cynthia

Mar 14, 2011, 12:07:12 AM3/14/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
Yes! Count me in.

Cynthia
--
I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous, or a buttonhole, not because it did anything spectacular, but because it never forgot what it could do. ~ Naomi Shihab Nye

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us. ~ Marianne Williamson

Justice is what love looks like in public. ~ Cornel West

Doctor Popular

Mar 14, 2011, 12:08:03 AM3/14/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com, cynthia
Saturday sounds good to me too. Anyone wanna take a crack at a flier that we can post around? We could each try making our own fliers too.
--
-Doctor Popular
Game Designer/Musician

Jonathan Foote

Mar 14, 2011, 12:39:52 AM3/14/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, can't make it -- I've been drafted by the Flaming Lotus Girls.

Sorry to miss it!

-Jon

Steve Rhodes

Mar 14, 2011, 2:32:33 PM3/14/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
Here's a photo I took of Cupid's span anyone is welcome to use as a flyer

http://instagr.am/p/CPVq-/

and the original unIGed photo if you want to work with a higher res image

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ari/5527027202/sizes/o/in/photostream/

--
Steve Rhodes

http://flickr.com/photos/ari/ photos

http://twitter.com/tigerbeat

cynthia says

Mar 14, 2011, 9:30:33 PM3/14/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry, but I'm going to opt out after all. Looks like a cold and
rainy Saturday. Our last Instawalk was cold and rainy and so awesome.
I just can't get out in it this week, getting over being sick. Can't
wait to see the shots. I'll be at the one after, hopefully.

Cynthia

Steve Rhodes

Mar 15, 2011, 3:47:52 PM3/15/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
One event that might be worth taking a detour for is the Brides of
March

It begins at 2:30 at either the Tunnel Top Bay at 601 Bush st
or Chelsea Place at 641 Bush

http://bridesofmarch.org/Brides/BridesOfMarch.html

Bonus - you might be able to see @johncurley

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davegolden/417086754/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jay_que/420081281/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jay_que/420081281/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davegolden/sets/72157623616030616/

cynthia says

Mar 15, 2011, 5:09:34 PM3/15/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
I'm cynthia_says on IG and twitter.

Cynthia

On Mar 15, 2011, at 2:05 PM, NaomiStrange <naomi....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to go on the InstaWalk - I learned about this group from
> DocPop on IG. Anyway, I am also getting sick, and I'm not sure I will
> be up for being out in the cold/rain, hopefully it will be a nice day
> on Saturday. If it's a nice day, I'll be there. If not... well it's
> iffy! hehe. But I like this idea of instawalks and definitely want to
> do one at some point!
>
> -Naomi
> @NaomiStrange on IG

NaomiStrange

Mar 15, 2011, 5:05:50 PM3/15/11
to Instawalk SF

greenkozi

Mar 17, 2011, 2:26:53 PM3/17/11
to Instawalk SF
i'll be there!

glad we're going to brides, as that's where i'm planning on spending
my afternoon (not altogether sober!). i may be dressed funny. hope no
one will mind.

lauren
@greenkozi pretty much everywhere- IG, twitter, flickr...

Doctor Popular

Mar 17, 2011, 5:58:25 PM3/17/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com, greenkozi
Hey all,
posted the event on the facebookhole http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=148919388504184
and added it to the Instagram meetup group http://www.meetup.com/Instagram/San-Francisco-CA/83396/
See you Saturday.

Naomi Thompson

Mar 17, 2011, 6:04:28 PM3/17/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com, greenkozi

Thanks! I just posted this to my Fb wall and invited my SF Fb friends who use Instagram. Great!

See you all Saturday!

-Naomi

Nicole Aptekar

Mar 17, 2011, 8:30:54 PM3/17/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com, Naomi Thompson, greenkozi
Eeek, it looks like i'm actually going to miss this one. I just got
comped tickets to go see the project I built last year run in socal
saturday night.

Steve Rhodes

Mar 17, 2011, 8:37:48 PM3/17/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
There will be more walks. Enjoy your trip.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:30 PM, Nicole Aptekar <nico...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Eeek, it looks like i'm actually going to miss this one.

--
Steve Rhodes

http://flickr.com/photos/ari/ photos

http://twitter.com/tigerbeat

also @tigerbeat on instagram

Doctor Popular

Mar 18, 2011, 3:51:24 PM3/18/11
to Instawalk SF
Okay just to put this out there: tomorrow will be rainy and slightly
windy. Our last walk took place in the rain, and we ended up with some
really cool/dramatic photos because of it... but I just wanted to make
sure everyone was cool getting wet tomorrow. If so, we could still
start at Cupid's Span, then try to do some indoorsy parts to our walks
or something... For instance we could walk through the ferry building
or do a photowalk through underground transit stations.

So, shall we continue with the walk, or postpone it? Discuss.

Naomi Thompson

Mar 18, 2011, 3:59:38 PM3/18/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com, Instawalk SF
I just walked thru the rain today; it was cold and torrential. I got proper soaked. If it is raining on Sat I will not do the walk. I vote for postponing ;)

--Naomi

Sent from my iPhone

cynthia says

Mar 18, 2011, 4:11:07 PM3/18/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
If you postpone/reschedule, I'll be able to make it. :)

Cynthia

Ramona

Mar 18, 2011, 4:33:37 PM3/18/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
after seeing that other people wouldn't mind postponing, I feel ok saying that I wouldn't mind either...
it's shite out and I'm seriously over it.

however, I'll rally and cowboy up if need be.

xo ramona

Doctor Popular

Mar 18, 2011, 6:42:17 PM3/18/11
to Instawalk SF
So I just canceled the Embercadero photo walk, but if someone still
wants to meet and shoot or anything (like at the mall) feel free to
post it here. Brides might still be fun.

On Mar 18, 1:33 pm, Ramona <ramonavalent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> after seeing that other people wouldn't mind postponing, I feel ok saying that I wouldn't mind either...
> it's shite out and I'm seriously over it.
>
> however, I'll rally and cowboy up if need be.
>
> xo ramona

cynthia

Mar 18, 2011, 6:43:59 PM3/18/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
This isn't walk related, but I just read that Saturday night's moon is
going to be super close and super bright. Hope to see some awesome
night sky photos on IG this weekend.

Cynthia

Doctor Popular

Mar 18, 2011, 6:49:55 PM3/18/11
to instaw...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to figure out some tricks for getting lunar photos with my iPhone cam. Came across this bloghole http://appadvice.com/appnn/2010/08/iphone-moon/
Speaking of holes, I was wondering if there was some bokey or pinhole trick that could be used to get interesting iPhone pics of the moon. I may have to find out Saturday night.