AddFolderIcon

Stefan Krueger

Nov 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/17/00
Put up a MessageBox to display the value of FOLDER_STARTMENU. Is it
correct? Are you using this constant in AddFolderIcon?

--
Stefan Krueger - Independent Setup Consultant
<<reply-to address is invalid to avoid spam>>

Visit InstallSite at http://www.installsite.org to download
free code samples, tips, tools and more...
For information about individual support and consulting services
please send a blank mail to the autoresponder at in...@installsite.org

Stefan Krueger and the InstallSite.org web site are not affiliated
with InstallShield Software Corporation.

"Jørgen Rasmussen" <cont...@hotmail.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Using InstallShield 5.53 I made an installation that works correctly
with
> Western versions of Windows 2000.
>
> Under Japanese Windows 2000 I have however found a problem with the
> AddFolderIcon . When trying to create a short cut under the Start
Menu it is
> not created under the Japanese "Start menu", but created incorrectly
under
> as a Japanese "SXtart menu" entry containing an extra 'X'.
AddFolderIcon
> works correctly under Japanese NT and 98. I have included a bitmap
with a
> screen dump ilustrating this.
>
> I also tried CreateProgramFolder and works properly under Japanese
Windows
> 2000.
>
> Does anybody know a workaround for this problem? Our Japanese
customers
> don't like this X.
>
> Jorgen

Jørgen Rasmussen

Nov 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/21/00
Yes I am using FOLDER_STARTMENU.

I have tried with a MessageBox and all parameters to AddFolderIcon are OK!
Also if I use the same string with CreateProgramFolder the correct string is
displayed in the Start menu. I tried with InstallShield 6.2 and that seems
to work correctly. Unfortunatly I need a fix now for 3 different
installation programs so rewriting it all to 6.2 is not really a solution.

Jorgen