How to Create Internet Shortcuts

Marvin Pankaskie

Nov 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/14/00
I am also interested in this issue, but need to know what code to add to my
installation script to create the folder entry for the URL. Can you give me
an example of what the actuall InstallShield script code would look like?

Thanks to all,
Marvin Pankaskie

"Andrew Rich" <for.email.look@sig> wrote in message
> In article <39c2...@12.41.20.38>, fble...@microstrategy.com says...
> > This web site should give you all the necessary information about the
.URL
> > format: http://www.wotsit.org/
> >
> > As for opening a new browser instead of using an open one, I would bet
on
> > something looking like
> > LaunchApp("iexplore.exe", http://www.there.com);
> > But that need to be tested.
>
> Ah, but then we're back to the old "how to determine the default browser"
> question. Thanks for the link, though!
>
> --
> -- Andrew Rich
> andrew DOT rich AT project DASH insomnia DOT com
> http://project-insomnia.com/

Barnster

Nov 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/15/00
Come on people, someone must know!!! Just for starters, here is what a
normal shortcut might look like:

AddFolderIcon(FOLDER_PROGRAMS^"Shop@ssistant DB","Shop@ssistant DB",'"' +
TARGETDIR + '\\sassdb.exe"',TARGETDIR,TARGETDIR +
"\\sassdb.exe",0,"",RUN_MAXIMIZED);

Now please can somone copy and paste an Internet shortcut script...

"Marvin Pankaskie" <panka...@gsm.com> wrote in message

Stefan Krueger

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
At http://www.installsite.org under IS5/6 Samples -> Operating
System -> Installing an Internet (URL) Shortcut you can download a
sample script for this purpose (creating URL shortcut). Opening the
link in a new browser window is a setting of the browser I think (at
least it is an option in IE whether an existing window should be
reused)

--
Stefan Krueger - Independent Setup Consultant
<<reply-to address is invalid to avoid spam>>

Visit InstallSite at http://www.installsite.org to download
free code samples, tips, tools and more...
For information about individual support and consulting services
please send a blank mail to the autoresponder at in...@installsite.org

Stefan Krueger and the InstallSite.org web site are not affiliated
with InstallShield Software Corporation.

Barnster

Nov 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/22/00
Thank you, at last!, Thank you, at last!, Thank you, at last!, Thank you, at
last!, Thank you, at last!, Thank you, at last!, Thank you, at last!, Thank