CD ROM setup questions

Sundari Devi

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
Hi I'm using install shield 5 pro and I haven't quite figured out how
the cd rom build works.

I understand that Installshield can compress files or not compress them
if i say install as files under the advanced media build option.

But once I've done that, how do i get install shield to pull the files
out of my existing media structure to install to the hard disk? I saw
that I can specify sub-directories when I am creating the program files
and components. But if i understand correctly, that is the directory
structure that is build on the destination disk.

Where do I tell install shield where to find the media that it needs to
copy to the destination disk?

And once I have done that, Install Shield says it will build a disc
image? Does it need to see all my media (e.G. 650MB) to build a disc
image, or can I just point install shield to the media it needs (using
the answer to the question above) and then put install shield's files in
the root directory of my CD ROM?

Thaks this will help a lot!

Arpe-InstallShield

Dec 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/1/00
Sundari,

The files that you should copy over to the CD are located in the following
directory of your setup:

C:\My Installations\Default Setup\Media\Default\Disk Images\Disk1

InstallShield will create all of the neccessary setup files in this
directory.

Sincerely,

--
Arpe