Using Black Box models in Inspyred

8 visningar

sambitn...@gmail.com

oläst,
22 juli 2019 03:01:502019-07-22
till Inspyred
Hi team,

Recently I am using a lot of Inspyred for my optimization problems and loving it. I was wondering, can I use a black-box model like xgboost, random forest inside inspyred as my objective function in order to find the optimal input values that maximizes prediction.

I have tried a lot of optimizer but unfortunately most of these either do not allow black-box models as objective or do not allow customized constraints. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Sambit

Aaron Garrett

oläst,
22 juli 2019 09:09:122019-07-22
till Inspyred
As long as you can invoke the black box and then read in the result to determine fitness, then you certainly can do that. I use external simulations all the time as black boxes for optimization. I'm not familiar with your particular case, but I would say it's a virtual certainty that you can do what you want. For instance, if it were a separate program, then you could make your evaluator function start a process that runs the program and then reads standard output (or an output file if the program generates that) to get the output from which to calculate the fitness.

--
Aaron Garrett

Svara alla
Svara författaren