Questions about including multiple variators

Lu Hong

Mar 27, 2022, 5:28:43 PM3/27/22
to Inspyred
This might be a simple question but I can't seem to find the answer in the documentation. If If I have specified two variators, how often are they applied to the population? Are they applied sequentially to all parents, or are they each applied to a fraction of the population? Thanks!

Best,
Lu

Aaron Garrett

Mar 27, 2022, 5:32:24 PM3/27/22
to Inspyred
The variators act as a pipeline. The parent selection determines the initial candidates. Then each variator is applied in sequence to the candidates, producing the new set of candidates that go into the next variator.