Meeting this week.

Jonathan Confer

Nov 17, 2009, 12:11:59 PM11/17/09
to inspireddepartures
Hi Team,

Ed and I are available to meet over the next two days at these times:
Wed: From 9a - 1p, then from 3p - 5p.
Thurs: 2p - 4p, then after 6:45p.

Our goal during these meetings is to get a sense of how you would like
your internal entity relationships to work. Specifically, the rights
and responsibilities of each of you, as well as ownership rights.
We'll also talk about choice of entity, as well as possible tax
implications. It might help if you chatted informally about those
ideas. We'll discuss this in more detail during the meeting.

Best,

Jonathan Confer

--
Jonathan D. Confer
J.D. Candidate 2011

Jonathan Confer

Nov 18, 2009, 11:37:34 PM11/18/09
to inspireddepartures, E.C. Hopkins
Hi Andre,

Ed and I certainly appreciate how overwhelming these past two weeks have been both for law students and for the entrepreneurship teams.  We will certainly accommodate that and figure out how to meet next week.  In the meantime, if you haven't already, please start talking informally to your teammates about these issues.  Assuming you were to launch, how would you split ownership in the company?  What are each of your individual long-term goals?  What are those goals in relation to the company?  (ie. are certain members necessary for the company to function, do you want ownership shares to be transferrable to someone outside your group?)

These are just some preliminary thoughts, and Ed and I will go into much greater detail with you.  But if you've spent some time talking about this, then we can delve a lot deeper when you meet with Ed and I.  Please always feel free to email us questions if you cannot find time to meet in person.  I still plan to have your trademark memorandum at our next meeting, though I can get it to you sooner if you need.

Best,
Jonathan Confer

Jonathan D. Confer
J.D. Candidate 2011
University of Arizona College of Law
(480) 251-4384
jco...@email.arizona.edu

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:19 PM, <aso...@email.arizona.edu> wrote:
Hey Jon,

In regards to possible meetings, ideally, it would be best for our group to meet
next week. This week, in my opinion, is our finals, "hell week", with multiple
exams and a presentation it has been difficult to find extra time for meetings.
That being said Tues, Weds, or Thurs next week would be best for us. Please let
me know if any of these days will work for you and Ed.

Thank you guys so much for your flexibility and understanding we really
appreciate it. I will talk with my team and prepare possible internal entity
questions and scenarios for our next meeting.

Sincerely,

Andre Solis
GM CultraPology.com
(520) 440-2117