Change of schemas folder / DescribeFeatureType fix

Markus Schneider

Oct 22, 2010, 7:37:20 AM10/22/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

in order to fix the DescribeFeatureType problems reported by Frans,
Andreas and I relocated the schemas folder in the deegree3 webapp:

- Old: src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/schemas
- New: src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/workspace/schemas

Additionally, we adapted inspire-postgis.xml to refer to the new schema
location.

This should fix the problem that file-URLs were used in the
DescribeFeatureType response. The problem stems from the fact that the
resources-Servlet (which is needed for making the schema file hierarchy
available via http) can only refer to files that are located below the
workspace folder.

After updating to trunk, the problem should be fixed.

And to summarize the information needed for special network setups (e.g.
the reverse proxy setup used by Frans):

By default, deegree 3 uses the request URL for determining the base URLs
of the server (e.g. in GetCapabilities or DescribeFeatureType responses).
If you want to use a hardcoded URL instead, adapt
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/workspace/services/main.xml or click on "Edit
global config" in the services console. Here's a template (exchange the
base URL as needed):

<deegreeServiceController xmlns="http://www.deegree.org/webservices"
configVersion="0.6.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.deegree.org/webservices