Hybrid / relational mapping

Markus Schneider

Nov 1, 2010, 5:57:27 PM11/1/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as you know, I am trying to finally get the hybrid / relational mode for
the PostGISFeatureStore working with INSPIRE Data Themes.

Originally, I intended to automatically create a relational mapping for
all Annex I themes. However, I am starting to realize that there are a
few problems left with some of the themes, because of some very heavy
imports -- e.g. a Gazetteer feature actually allows for all kinds of GML
coordinate system definitions and there are reference to very nested
structures from the gmd / gco schemas. This causes the relational
mapping to explode in complexity.

The good news is that our all-time favorite theme (ad:Address) should
not be a problem and working 100% very soon.

My question: Which themes will you require in the next months the most?
I would try to get these running ASAP (to have them ready for deegree 3.0).

Here's my list for now:

- AD
- GN
- AU
- CP

Anything important missing?

Best regards,
Markus

Just van den Broecke

Nov 2, 2010, 3:33:30 AM11/2/10
On 01-11-10 22:57, Markus Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as you know, I am trying to finally get the hybrid / relational mode for
> the PostGISFeatureStore working with INSPIRE Data Themes.
Great ! I have no idea how you are implementing this. Will look into SVN.

> Originally, I intended to automatically create a relational mapping for
> all Annex I themes. However, I am starting to realize that there are a
> few problems left with some of the themes, because of some very heavy
> imports -- e.g. a Gazetteer feature actually allows for all kinds of GML
> coordinate system definitions and there are reference to very nested
> structures from the gmd / gco schemas. This causes the relational
> mapping to explode in complexity.
>
> The good news is that our all-time favorite theme (ad:Address) should
> not be a problem and working 100% very soon.
>
> My question: Which themes will you require in the next months the most?
> I would try to get these running ASAP (to have them ready for deegree 3.0).
>
> Here's my list for now:
>
> - AD
> - GN
> - AU
> - CP
>
> Anything important missing?
These are the main 4 (with AD even less in ESDIN). Many (like Kadaster)
are also doing TN and HY. I am currently working on these 2. Each theme
of HY,TN contains multiple feature types each with their own XSD/NS, for
example HY-P:StandingWater is defined in HydroPhysicalWaters.xsd. So the
relation theme:XSD is 1:N for HY,TN.

Also GN+AU+CP+HY+TN forms the base for the ESDIN (large-scale)
topography a.k.a. ExM. Even more challenging since ExM defines new
schemas as often very minor extensions of GN+AU+CP+HY+TN. See
http://schemas.kademo.nl/esdin/exm/v0.4
The challenge here is how to support ExM without data-duplication from
the GN+AU+CP+HY+TN already supported, but this may go beyond your
hybrid/relational mode...

best,

Just

--
kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

--Just

Just van den Broecke ju...@justobjects.nl
Just Objects B.V. tel +31 65 4268627 Skype: justb4
The Netherlands http://www.justobjects.nl