How to get my data into deegree inspireNode

Ivo

Dec 6, 2010, 3:02:24 PM12/6/10
to Free and Open Source for INSPIRE development
Hello,

I'm the guy who contacted the deegee's user mailinglist with the
question - how can I create a wfs for inspire ad (Addresses) theme
with my Postgis data (addresses of a portuguese municipality) on a
local format?
Presently I:
i) have my postgis data on the same format that the one's in project
"inspire-foss";
ii) installed the "deegree inspireNode" on my machine;
iii) defined a jdbc connection to my postgres db.

Is the a way to (automaticaly) create a new feature store for my data?
Any ideas are welcome!

Regards,
Ivo Silvestre.

Just van den Broecke

Dec 7, 2010, 7:40:38 AM12/7/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivo,

We need some more detail on what you are trying to achieve and how far
you are. There are two activities here we need to consider:

1) ETL/storage: 2 basic options:
a) generate INSPIRE GML from your local DB and load into PostGIS Blob store
b) map your local (PT) Address data from PostGIS directly within the WFS

For now I would suggest a). The complexity is dependent on your source
data and the INSPIRE schema. AD is unfortunately the most complex. See
http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/#svn/trunk/etl/NL.Kadaster
for a general setup using GDAL+XSLT. I am in the process of making this
ETL more generally applicable. Other options are to buy a commercial ETL
tool, but hiring one of the experts here is cheaper :-). I would welcome
if you would also add your ETL to SVN.

2) running the WFS
As far as I remember the "deegree inspireNode" had an option to create a
DB automagically through the web interface (Markus may fill in). This
creates the Blobstore with all feature defs from the schemas.

Within SVN the dir webapps/deegree3 is a "production-ready" WFS/WMS
created this way to run directly using PostGIS using the PostGIS
Blobstore populated from step 1a above. You can build/run directly with
Maven or webapps/deegree3/runnit.sh (Unix/Mac). But you will need to
configure JDBC (webapp/WEB-INF/workspace/jdbc) and create a DB schema.
Under
http://code.google.com/p/inspire-foss/source/browse/#svn/trunk/webapps/deegree3/src/main/resources
there's scripts to create a DB, but automatic creation using the
deegree-inspire-node is preferred.

best,

Just van den Broecke
www.justobjects.nl

Markus Schneider

Dec 7, 2010, 9:51:07 AM12/7/10
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
For initial setup of the PostGIS feature store for the inspire node,
please have a look at [1]. I just added more information and step-by-step
guides.

After you created the FeatureStore as described, you can start importing
INSPIRE Data sets using WFS requests (see the Address insert example
available via "Send example requests") or by the feature store loader
(click on "feature stores" -> "inspire" -> "Loader").

Inserted data will be available immediately via the configured WFS and WMS.

Please ask if you encounter any problems with the described steps.

Best regards,
Markus

[1] http://wiki.deegree.org/deegreeWiki/InspireNode

IvoSilvestre

Mar 28, 2011, 5:59:56 PM3/28/11
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com, Markus Schneider, ju...@justobjects.nl
Hi,

I'm still trying to load my data into deegree inspireNode.
I'd develop a etl (with python) that create a inspire gml with information from my database (with more than 5000 address records).
The problem is that the file is too large (aprox 6.4mb) and I can't load it neither by wfs request or by feature store loader.
On the first case, the gml is too large too load on the text area.
On the second case I get the following error when I put the next url: file:///home/xxxxxx/deegree-inspire-node/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/workspace/manager/requests/wfs/Address/Transaction/xml/Insert_Addresses.xml
Error:
"GML import failed: Error in XML document (file 'file:/home/xxxxxx/deegree-inspire-node/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/workspace/manager/requests/wfs/Address/Transaction/xml/Insert_Addresses.xml', line: 6, column: 321, character offset: 899): Feature type "{http://www.opengis.net/wfs}Transaction" is unknown."

Cheers,
Ivo.

Andreas Schmitz

Mar 29, 2011, 4:18:10 AM3/29/11
IvoSilvestre wrote:

Hi,

> I'm still trying to load my data into deegree inspireNode.
> I'd develop a etl (with python) that create a inspire gml with information
> from my database (with more than 5000 address records).
> The problem is that the file is too large (aprox 6.4mb) and I can't load it
> neither by wfs request or by feature store loader.
> On the first case, the gml is too large too load on the text area.
> On the second case I get the following error when I put the next url:
> file:///home/xxxxxx/deegree-inspire-node/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/workspace/manager/requests/wfs/Address/Transaction/xml/Insert_Addresses.xml
> Error:

> "*GML import failed: Error in XML document (file

> 'file:/home/xxxxxx/deegree-inspire-node/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/workspace/manager/requests/wfs/Address/Transaction/xml/Insert_Addresses.xml',
> line: 6, column: 321, character offset: 899): Feature type "{

> http://www.opengis.net/wfs}Transaction" is unknown.*"

when importing through the loader, you'll have to specify a feature
collection (ie not a transaction) to insert. Alternatively, you can use
another tool to HTTP POST your insert transaction,
eg. http://soft-net.net/SendHTTPTool.aspx (untested).

Best regards, Andreas
--
l a t / l o n GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19 53177 Bonn, Germany

signature.asc

IvoSilvestre

Mar 29, 2011, 10:56:30 AM3/29/11
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com, Andreas Schmitz
How can I specify a feature collection (ie not a transaction) to insert my data?
Or else is there a similar tool (SendHTTPTool) for linux?

Ivo.

Andreas Schmitz

Mar 29, 2011, 11:00:02 AM3/29/11
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
IvoSilvestre wrote:

Hi,

> How can I specify a feature collection (ie not a transaction) to insert my
> data?

> Or else is there a similar tool (*SendHTTPTool*) for linux?

for Linux this is easy, if you have curl installed:

curl -d@/home/xxxxxx/deegree-inspire-node/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/workspace/manager/requests/wfs/Address/Transaction/xml/Insert_Addresses.xml -H"Content-Type: text/xml" http://localhost:8080/deegree-inspire-node/services

signature.asc

IvoSilvestre

Mar 29, 2011, 11:35:22 AM3/29/11
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com, Andreas Schmitz
Done!
Thank you very much for your help.

Ivo.

Markus Schneider

Mar 29, 2011, 2:38:23 PM3/29/11
to inspire-f...@googlegroups.com
In order to have a feature collection suitable for the fs loader, just extract the FeatureCollection element from your transaction and save it to a separate file.

Hint: Don't forget the namespace bindings (xmlns attributes)

Best regards,
Markus