which gems were used in insoshi

Jeweller

May 26, 2011, 1:24:33 PM5/26/11
to Insoshi
Hi,everyone
I'm trying to read the code of insoshi. But there is no gemfile in the
insoshi project, only plugins in the vendor folder.
That's all the gems that were used in the project, right? Or maybe,
there'er other gems also used in a special way?
Does anyone got a list of gems which were used in insoshi?

Evan Dorn

May 26, 2011, 1:39:57 PM5/26/11
to ins...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, Insoshi was built before Bundler became a thing, and back when Rails 2.x-style config.gem directives in environment.rb were even more unreliable than they were in 2.3 So the gems are mostly in vendor, with a couple of instructions added to the README about some native ones that need to be installed (like ultrasphinx).

I think you can build an exhaustive list by comparing three locations:
• vendor/gems
• README
• config/environment.rb

I'm in the middle of converting Insoshi to use Bundler (in preparation for a Rails 3 migration), but it's taking a while and I don't have much free time to work on it.

Evan

Jeweller

May 27, 2011, 12:35:44 AM5/27/11
to Insoshi
Thanks for your tips. And I have another question.
I'm little confused that the Message model is inherited from the
Communication, but there's no any other method in the Communication
model(except for the default setter and getter), and no other classes
are inherited from it. Why not just use the Message model? Is it for
other consideration??