Theming question

Bob Ngu

Oct 7, 2009, 7:14:37 PM10/7/09
to Insoshi
Hi,

I'm new to Insoshi and jQuery and trying to figure out if there is an
easy way to theme it. From what little I understand currently (reading
furiously but there's a lot to learn), using jQuery 1.3, I can use
ThemeRoller app to create a drop-in theme but looking at Insoshi code
using jQuery 1.2.6, it instead uses jquery-flora.tabs.css. The first
thing I'm trying to do is to change the tabs and header look and
feel,. any insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Ricardo Matsushima Teixeira

Oct 7, 2009, 8:48:55 PM10/7/09
to ins...@googlegroups.com
Well, I don't know if there is an easy way to theme Insoshi, but I edited the applicable CSSs myself. It is not so painful, the original CSS and structure is fairly well structured and easy to tweak, with the exception of the events section... :)

Ricardo Matsushima Teixeira
7runs.com

Bob Ngu

Oct 7, 2009, 9:59:00 PM10/7/09
to Insoshi
Yep, I found the same thing as I dug deeper into the code. At first, I
thought the top level menu is using jQuery tabs but it's not, only the
2nd level profile submenus use it. If I want to theme insoshi, I need
to make some big changes and introduce themeroller support into it,
something to think about for later. Since there is a new maintainer
coming onboard, I'll confer with him on the best approach.

Bob

On Oct 7, 5:48 pm, Ricardo Matsushima Teixeira <rica...@7runs.com>
wrote:
> Well, I don't know if there is an easy way to theme Insoshi, but I
> edited the applicable CSSs myself. It is not so painful, the original
> CSS and structure is fairly well structured and easy to tweak, with
> the exception of the events section... :)
>
> Ricardo Matsushima Teixeira
> 7runs.com
> rica...@7runs.com

Ricardo Matsushima Teixeira

Oct 8, 2009, 10:51:20 AM10/8/09
to ins...@googlegroups.com
BTW,

Is there a customized Insoshi fork somewhere that has both Events and Multi-Forum enabled? Also, any i18n customization for Insoshi already being planned/developed by someone? Thanks!

Ricardo Matsushima Teixeira
7runs.com

Mark Deibert

Nov 4, 2009, 11:57:03 AM11/4/09