Praying to Lord Nityananda Prabhu, Inquiries Into the Absolute, Digest 402

ServiceTeam

May 5, 2013, 7:32:26 AM5/5/13
to inquiries-int...@googlegroups.com
Digest 402, May 4th, 2013. Answers by His Holiness Romapada Swami Maharaja
You are invited to send your questions to His Holiness Romapada Swami at ma...@iita.info with the word "Question" included in the subject line  or  submit your question at http://www.romapadaswami.com/?q=feedback/Question.

Praying to Lord Nityananda Prabhu
`````````````````````````````````

785) What is the process of submitting a prayer through the spiritual master that Srila Prahbupada had in mind, expressed in the text below?

"In regard to praying to Lord Nityananda Prabhu I have written to you in my last letter that such prayer is quite appropriate. Our only prayer should be in the matter of desiring further development of devotional service and such sincere prayer should be submitted not directly to the lord but through the via-media of His bona fide servitor or representative."

Letter to: Madhudvisa   Los Angeles  14 February, 1970

Ans:  Exactly as is done in deity worship, the same applies to Srila Prabhupada's instruction above regarding prayer.

Prior to approaching the deity when engaging in puja, via formal procedures one takes permission from the spiritual master to approach the deity.

Consciousness-wise, similarly, ettiquette dictates that one takes permission (even if momentary; however long can vary) from the spiritual master to approach a form of the Lord or a vaisnava further up our disciplic succession, or a great vaisnava whose appearance chronologically preceeds Srila Prabhupada's.

Previous questions and answers are available with subject classification at http://www.romapadaswami.com/inquiries
Digests 1-242 are included as a PDF file at:
Brief biography of His Holiness Romapada Swami:

To (un)subscribe please email ma...@iita.info with the word (un) subscribe in the subject.