Lets start it up again :)

Joe Developer

Nov 21, 2010, 7:21:44 AM11/21/10
to inp...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

After a bit of a hiatus I am about to try to do exciting things with inputex again.

Persevere is a rather nice backend which uses json-schema for its models and validations, it seems like the perfect marriage.

What I am wondering about at the moment is if it is possible, and if so how, to do inputex-* load on demand?

Best Regards,
unomi

Joe Developer

Nov 21, 2010, 5:41:18 PM11/21/10
to inp...@googlegroups.com
Well, it is somewhat possible now.

Basically modified inputex-loader with:
            {
  name: 'inputex-colorfield',
type: 'js',
    fullpath: pathToInputEx+'js/fields/ColorField.js',
    varName: 'inputEx.ColorField',
requires: ['inputex-field'],
provides:'inputEx.color'
}

and

if (YAHOO.modules){
 YAHOO.modules.inputEx = modules;
}else {
 YAHOO.modules = {inputEx: modules};
}

Then in  json-schema.js I build a list of 'missing' modules for the current schema to be rendered. grab them and execute a call back when they are done.
Not very pretty, but it works :)

if this has interest I'll try to get it up asap, otherwise I have loads of other things to figure out.

Best,
unomi