[bug] moving the mouse quickly around causes high CPU of Explorer.exe on Windows 11

mak...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 1:56:16 PM10/7/21
to Input Director
I updated my clients to Windows 11 and noticed now, that Inputdirector causes high CPU usage of Explorer.exe while moving the mouse around on the clients.

On a 3770 CPU already 10% on a Core M tablet 30-50%.

This was not the case on Windows 10.

mak...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 2:02:59 PM10/7/21
to Input Director
Addition: Because of this mouse cursor starts to lag randomly and becomes slow to move around.

mak...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 2:38:56 PM10/7/21
to Input Director
https://i.imgur.com/wdBJOw9.png

All these go up dramatically when moving the mouse around on the client and then after some seconds the mouse starts to lag, totally unable to control the client anymore.

mak...@gmail.com

Oct 7, 2021, 4:10:18 PM10/7/21
to Input Director
Noticed the mouse lagging stops when playing a video on the client/tablet. Maybe this has something to do that Windows 11 throttles background tasks, so maybe InputDirector needs to "produce" some load or higher tick counter when being used to prevent this.