Toggle + Enable/Disable Hotkeys

Alyxiana Nymphea

May 7, 2023, 7:59:22 AM5/7/23
to Input Director
It would be nice if we could define specific hotkeys for toggle AND enable AND disable simultaneously. Having to choose between them is okay, but being able to set all of them at once would help a ton with automation.

Sometimes I forget to disable it when getting into VR, which is, by itself, a process, when dealing with full body tracking. When I remote into my PC from work, sometimes my cursor gets lost because I didn't disable screen edge transitions. Having keys to force enable/disable this functionality as well as a key to toggle (I like to have it on my mouse) would be great.

Shane

May 7, 2023, 11:54:49 PM5/7/23
to Input Director
Hi,

I might be missing what you're asking for, but you can setup a hotkey to toggle screen edge transitions (found on the "Director Preferences" tab). Is this what you're after?

Regs,

Shane.

Marco

Sep 7, 2023, 7:21:37 AM9/7/23
to Input Director
Hi Shane,

I really enjoy InputDirector, but I think I know what Alyxiana means. Whenever I attach my laptop to my PC setup, the controlling PC cannot reach it. What I then do is on my laptop: right-click the ID icon in the system tray -> Disable Input Director -> right-click the ID icon in the system tray -> Enable Input Director, then it usually works. Sometimes I have to do the same on the controlling PC. This is a lot of clicking, just to get started. It would therefore be really helpful to be able to either assign hotkeys for it, or, left-click the ID icon in the system tray to toggle between Disabled/Enabled.

Best regards,
Marco

Shane

Sep 7, 2023, 7:24:34 AM9/7/23
to Input Director
Hi Marco,

There's a couple of settings that may help:

1. Open Input Director on your Director system
2. Switch to the "Director Preferences" tab
3. Scroll all the way down to the Advanced Settings
4. Change the "Check offline systems availability every" to, e.g. 10 seconds
5. Also, perhaps set the option "Hotkey to rescan and update systems available" (e.g. to alt-win-R).

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Regs,

Shane.

Marco

Sep 8, 2023, 2:24:10 AM9/8/23
to Input Director
Thank you, I will try this for the upcoming weeks and see if it helps.

BR, Marco

Marco

Sep 13, 2023, 4:03:33 AM9/13/23
to Input Director
I have the impression the problem is more on the client side: when my laptop is moved from one network to another, it gets a different IP-address assigned. In my home network it gets the IP-address that is configured in the Director system, but on my client laptop it still shows the previously assigned IP-address until I Disable, Enable it. I also would like to have it disabled anyhow when I am not in my home network, so still a quick toggle possibility seems like a good idea to have.

BR, Marco

Alyxiana Nymphea

Oct 7, 2023, 10:13:15 AM10/7/23
to Input Director
In Director Preferences, there's an option to Disable/Enable Screen Edge Transitions using Single Hotkey Or Separate Hotkeys. I like to use single hotkey when I'm at my desk, it's convenient. But if I want to automate something like disabling screen edge transitions when I start VR, having ONLY a toggle button is an issue. Instead of forcing us to select a single hotkey OR separate hotkeys, it would be great if we could simply set up all 3 at the same time.