Losing availability on one or another slaves and can't get back without a lot of experimenting.

Fubbin

Aug 28, 2022, 9:34:01 AM8/28/22
to Input Director
Running 4 slaves off my main machine, slaves are laptops with 3 connected via wire and 1 wireless.  Occasionally will lose availability to one of the slaves as indicated by Status under client systems tab.  Can usually get it back by shutting down Master and Slave and restarting.  Restarting ID itself without computer s/d wont work.  Have tried various settings such as designating the network interface on all machines, changing access control using hostnames, IP addresses, allowing all computers to take control.  Nothing works.  Had to reset the network using Network Reset under win 10 settings/network and internet/status tab before I could see the slave again.  Not sure what happens but it seems to occur after I sleep all the slaves at the end of the day then come back online next day.

Shane

Sep 5, 2022, 7:26:41 PM9/5/22
to Input Director
Hi Fubbin,

Have you noticed if the client laptops are acquiring different ip addresses after they wake up?

Couple of settings that might help:
1. Open Input Director on your Director system and switch to the "Director Preferences" tab
2. Scroll all the way down to the Advanced settings
3. Disable the option "Use cached IP addresses"
4. Change the "Check offline systems availability every" option from never to say "20 secs".
5. You can also set a hotkey here to rescan and update systems availability - might be worth setting one up and trying that as well.

Regs,

Shane.