Using keyboard and mouse from different computers

Andrey Beletsky

Feb 9, 2024, 4:26:37 PMFeb 9
to Input Director
Hello, Shane!

Thanks for the excellent tool, I've been using it since 2010 without any major problem.

Recently I found myself constantly using the unusual scenario. I have two computers connected with Input Director, both have a keyboard and a mouse, and both pair of devices can control both systems successfully. However, when I try to use mouse from one computer and keyboard from the other, it doesn't work for me as I expected.

That is:
1. When I use mouse-1 on computer-2, I can type on computer-2 using keyboard-1 as well as keyboard-2, and it's comprehensible (pair-1 is the master one, and keyboard-2 types to computer-2 directly).

2. When I use mouse-1 on computer-1, I can use keyboard-1 to type on computer-1, but keyboard-2 still sends keystrokes to computer-2, and this situation seems unfathomable, because I expected the focus being completely moved to computer-1. Of course, after any move of mouse-2 computer-2 becomes the master and from that moment on keyboard-2 types on computer-1. However, paying attention to this hitch slightly irritates me.

I hope there is a way to fix this subtle inconvenience. If so, it makes me completely happy :-).

Best regards,
Andrey Beletsky

Andrey Beletsky

Mar 26, 2024, 11:58:54 AMMar 26
to Input Director
Hello!

Just want to draw fresh attention to my problem. I hope it's an interesting one.

Thanks!