Safe to use v. 2.1.3? Site got hacked?

wtm...@gmail.com

May 19, 2023, 9:02:33 PM5/19/23
to Input Director
I downloaded v 2.1.3 on May 19 but the site says published on  22nd May 2023?
I am confused. Did the site got hacked?
This is a very security sensitive piece of software.
Can anyone help? At best the Author.
Thanks in advance.

Shane

May 19, 2023, 9:06:27 PM5/19/23
to Input Director
Hi,

All is well and v2.1.3 is legitimate. I originally intended to release this on the 22nd May, however the early access release went very well with no issues, so I ended up releasing it for public download a few days early.

Regs,

Shane.

Dieter wtm

May 20, 2023, 12:28:33 AM5/20/23
to Input Director
What the heck are you doing?
Confuse me???
How can I trust you?
You don't even provide a checksum????
Don't misunderstand me, but this is a no- go.

Dieter wtm

May 20, 2023, 12:46:14 AM5/20/23
to Input Director
Please don't misunderstand me. I really like your Soft.
But in these times, I prefer to be secure and not fuck around with security issues.
What hinders you to get a checksum? - Of any kind?

Getting power over your keyboard and mouse is something like getting... long story...

Greetings and thanks

Shane

May 21, 2023, 9:51:57 AM5/21/23
to Input Director
Hi,

All Input Director executables, including the installer, are digitally signed (a file's digital signature includes a cryptographic hash, which is like a checksum) that can validate integrity and that they haven't been tampered with.

Regs,

Shane.