Mouse cursor gets stuck on clients and won't return to main PC

natali...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2022, 1:22:41 PM9/9/22
to Input Director
I manually (half-assedly) triple box WoW using three PCs and Input Director.  I do NOT mirror input (which is against Blizz ToS anyway).  With the last version of ID, my mouse SOMETIMES got stuck on client systems, and wouldn't return to master without a CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Since installing the newest version, this happens constantly, and has been causing major problems.

As a perhaps unrelated issue, my client characters will sometimes start running off, which is, I suspect, because of mis-matches "num lock" status bug - which is weird, because I use a 60% keyboard.  Would love a way (which I think someone else requested) for the director to force numlock status across all systems.  The gaming bug in WoW where your characters auto-run when the cursor is away is just maddening.

Back to the mouse getting "stuck", I thought it was because there is no longer a way (that I can find) to change settings as to whether the various PCs auto switch between director and client.  I tried setting the director so other PCs can't control it, and that didn't fix it.  I am already letting ID "infer" the various monitors.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Shane, as always, for such an amazing piece of software.  I've been using it since its early days, and It's truly magic!

Shane

Sep 10, 2022, 8:30:36 AM9/10/22
to Input Director
Hi,

I'll send you an email to try and work out what's going on.

As a workaround, you can use the Director hotkey (defaults to left ctrl + left alt + break) to return the cursor to the Director at any time.

Regs,

Shane.

N. Boone

Sep 10, 2022, 12:42:44 PM9/10/22
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Shane.

Given this is regarding video games, and I only play solo/casually due to disability, it's not a top priority!  Just didn't know if there was a quick fix I wasn't finding.

If it makes a difference, I use a Roccat Kone XP gaming mouse.  I do NOT keep the Swarm software running in the background.

Thanks again!

José Ignacio Alonso Kuri

Jun 13, 2024, 6:54:45 PMJun 13
to Input Director
Hi, I am having this exact issue, have you been able to fix it?

02c...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2024, 10:26:49 PMJun 16
to Input Director
This is a long standing problem and the latest version of ID unfortunately has made it worse. I posted earlier that this is also related to have a mouse attached to multiple systems where ID gets stuck figuring out which system to allow control to when a mouse is already displayed on a foreign system. If all mice are moved to their native systems, the stuck cursor issue goes away or can be freed to move between systems. Shane has created an amazing piece of software and it is extremely complex to be able to do all that it does. Hopefully, some of these pesky little issues can be resolved.

Clifton

N. Boone

Jun 17, 2024, 6:17:43 PMJun 17
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
It's been years.  I think at the time, I uninstalled everything across the board and downgraded to an older version of the software.  These days, I use a tri-mode wireless mouse.  I have it connected via the 2.4 GHz dongle on the Director and use its two Bluetooth slots for the Clients.

Shane

Jun 19, 2024, 7:24:18 PMJun 19
to Input Director
Hi Clifton,

I've got some capacity to change this behaviour for the next version. Would you be available to beta v2.3 and test-drive the change?

Regs,

Shane.

Thomas Donino

Jun 20, 2024, 8:32:55 AM (14 days ago) Jun 20
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Shane,

I have noticed a problem, which I am not sure is related to input director, but I've ruled out most everything else. I am using a Numphy keyboard connected via bluetooth to control my two pc's. I recently upgraded to the latest version of input director and I am now getting weird keyboard behavior where the slave unit is getting weird output, while the host keyboard values are as inputted

Thomas Donino
Managing Partner
BATL Group
Tel: (914) 509-5124
Mobile: (914) 826-0061
Email: batlman...@gmail.com
Website: www.batl-group.com
Address: 440 Via Del Orso Dr Jupiter, FL 33477

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Input Director" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/input-director/1d46664c-56fc-4a44-aa4e-6c36087b0149n%40googlegroups.com.

02c...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2024, 9:07:33 AM (14 days ago) Jun 20
to Input Director
Hi Shane,

I would be glad to test drive v2.3.

I reinstalled v1.3 on my systems and the disappearing mouse problem is completely solved. Of course I have to connect a mouse to every system to make things work which is not a problem.

I think the reason why v1.3 does not exhibit the problem is because it auto-swtiches master/slave so only one computer can be the master at any one time. This is fine if I am the only user of the system. However, if another person tries to use a computer B while I am using computer A, this will not work with v1.3. It worked fine with the v2.x series.

Anyway, just a few thoughts on this.

Clifton

Tamilan

Jun 22, 2024, 10:57:51 PM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to Input Director

If you have mouse or keyboard problem in on client's. Just press LftCtrl+LftAlt+Break.. It'll come back to main system. Then try moving cursor.

BR