Mouse cursor gets stuck on clients and won't return to main PC

natali...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2022, 1:22:41 PM9/9/22
to Input Director
I manually (half-assedly) triple box WoW using three PCs and Input Director.  I do NOT mirror input (which is against Blizz ToS anyway).  With the last version of ID, my mouse SOMETIMES got stuck on client systems, and wouldn't return to master without a CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Since installing the newest version, this happens constantly, and has been causing major problems.

As a perhaps unrelated issue, my client characters will sometimes start running off, which is, I suspect, because of mis-matches "num lock" status bug - which is weird, because I use a 60% keyboard.  Would love a way (which I think someone else requested) for the director to force numlock status across all systems.  The gaming bug in WoW where your characters auto-run when the cursor is away is just maddening.

Back to the mouse getting "stuck", I thought it was because there is no longer a way (that I can find) to change settings as to whether the various PCs auto switch between director and client.  I tried setting the director so other PCs can't control it, and that didn't fix it.  I am already letting ID "infer" the various monitors.

Suggestions?

Thanks, Shane, as always, for such an amazing piece of software.  I've been using it since its early days, and It's truly magic!

Shane

Sep 10, 2022, 8:30:36 AM9/10/22
to Input Director
Hi,

I'll send you an email to try and work out what's going on.

As a workaround, you can use the Director hotkey (defaults to left ctrl + left alt + break) to return the cursor to the Director at any time.

Regs,

Shane.

N. Boone

Sep 10, 2022, 12:42:44 PM9/10/22
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Shane.

Given this is regarding video games, and I only play solo/casually due to disability, it's not a top priority!  Just didn't know if there was a quick fix I wasn't finding.

If it makes a difference, I use a Roccat Kone XP gaming mouse.  I do NOT keep the Swarm software running in the background.

Thanks again!