Dual network function

Royal Tennis Court

Nov 14, 2022, 12:06:20 PM11/14/22
to Input Director
I do video streaming of sports events using two laptops. One is the "broadcast" laptop and needs to be connected via Ethernet to fast broadband. The other laptop "manages" a separate Production Switcher for switching between cameras etc.
I used to use Input Director to link (via a local Wifi network) keyboard shortcuts on one laptop to the other, where e.g. alt+3 meant different things on each laptop but which I wanted to happen simutaneously with a single key combination. Now, as soon as I switch the broadcast laptop to use the Ethernet connection, the Wifi is cut off and Input Director ceases to work. How do I keep the wifi link "alive" for keystrokes via Input Director while using the Ethernet connection to broadcast my output stream?

Royal Tennis Court

Nov 14, 2022, 12:23:53 PM11/14/22
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I should maybe add: the switching laptop connects to the Switcher via Ethernet cable, so the Ethernet connectors on both laptops are in use - I don't have a "spare".

On Mon, 14 Nov 2022 at 17:06, Royal Tennis Court <buckleyo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I do video streaming of sports events using two laptops. One is the "broadcast" laptop and needs to be connected via Ethernet to fast broadband. The other laptop "manages" a separate Production Switcher for switching between cameras etc.
I used to use Input Director to link (via a local Wifi network) keyboard shortcuts on one laptop to the other, where e.g. alt+3 meant different things on each laptop but which I wanted to happen simutaneously with a single key combination. Now, as soon as I switch the broadcast laptop to use the Ethernet connection, the Wifi is cut off and Input Director ceases to work. How do I keep the wifi link "alive" for keystrokes via Input Director while using the Ethernet connection to broadcast my output stream?

Shane

Nov 21, 2022, 6:21:29 PM11/21/22
to Input Director
Hi,

Couple of things to try:

- Use hostnames instead of IP addresses throughout the Input Director configuration

- On your Director system:
  1. Open Input Director and switch to the "Director Preferences" tab
  2. Scroll all the way down to the Advanced settings
  3. Disable the option "Use cached IP addresses"
  4. Click "Change" next to the option "Hotkey to rescan and update systems availability". Setup a hotkey (e.g. Win-Alt-R).
After switching network connections, if required, use the hotkey setup to rescan your client systems.

Regs,

Shane.