Windows periodically locking when only L key is pressed

Ryan

Mar 30, 2024, 7:07:40 PMMar 30
to Input Director
Periodically (but not always) my primary system will lock when I press only the "L" key. This is difficult to reproduce on demand as it seems to happen only every couple of days. It only happens when Input Director is active and I've gone weeks without the issue appearing as long as Input Director is not running. When the system does lock, after unlocking I see that the "L "was captured by wherever I was typing.

I don't have any macros defined. ID version 2.2

Any ideas?

BJ Hoffstadt

Mar 31, 2024, 12:02:58 AMMar 31
to Input Director
This happens to me also, for at least a couple of years I think (over several ID version changes.) It varies a lot in regularity, seems to happen soon after boot, or maybe after lock/unlock, sign-out/in. Otherwise, no clue what might trigger it.

Just adding my own observations, since it came up, but it's not a big deal to me

Ryan

Mar 31, 2024, 2:50:38 AMMar 31
to Input Director
That's a good note -- it only happens the first time I type an "L" after a unlock.