Question about mouse hooks and if possible to disable them.

Pizzanomicon

Jul 4, 2022, 5:57:07 PM7/4/22
to Input Director
So, I have an issue where ID duplicates mouse hooks to the master when executed on the slave. This has been an issue for a while ,but my question is ....

Can I just simply disable ID's mouse sharing functionality and only share keyboard hooks ?

Shane

Jul 5, 2022, 8:35:08 PM7/5/22
to Input Director
Hi,

You can choose to only share keyboard if you're mirroring input across multiple machines. When using Input Director to control a set of machines individually, mouse&keyboard are shared together.

If mouse actions are being duplicated as there is a game running on the director system, then there isn't much that can be done as games will often hook into mouse/keyboard input in a different (low level) way that standard applications, which can't be trapped by Input Director.

Regs,

Shane.