Mirroring

Jim Qualizza

Mar 27, 2024, 4:33:13 PMMar 27
to Input Director
Hi,

My main computer (host) has three monitors) and I connect to 4-5 other computers on the network using Input Director v2.2 (one the best programs I have ever used!!).

When I use mirroring the cursor moves to the same position on each of the client computers but the cursor position on the Host computer is not in the same position as the clients.  I have read the information on the forums and it points to the fact that I have three monitors on the Host computer which causes this issue to occur.  All the computers have the same resolution and screen size.

If this is the case I suggest a new feature be added to correct this issue unless that is
another method to fix it.

Thanks in Advance,
Jim

Shane

Mar 28, 2024, 2:08:14 AMMar 28
to Input Director
Hi Jim,

There are a couple of options you can try under the “Mirror Input” tab. There’s an option to only mirror input whilst the mouse is on the primary host monitor, you can also lock the cursor to that monitor whilst mirroring.

What behaviour would you like to see when using a 3 monitor director system with 1 monitor client systems?

Regs,

Shane.

Jim Qualizza

Mar 28, 2024, 11:23:37 AMMar 28
to Input Director
Hi Shane,

Thanks for answering my question so quickly.  I would like to see an option for the mouse "to only mirror input whilst the mouse is on monitor #2 or #3".  This then provides the user to choose which monitor can be used of the three available monitor instead of just the primary monitor.

Thanks again,
Jim