ID Version 2.0.1 B-139 (Mouse disappears)

David Curtis

May 20, 2021, 2:58:16 PM5/20/21
to Input Director
Shane,

 Seeing an issue with one of the three Windows 10 workstation. When you move the mouse to the device, you see the ripple and the mouse disappears. The other two connect PC's work fine. I'm also seeing the Keep cursor visible when no mouse attached(Win10) is greyed out and not checked. Please assist. Thank you.

input director.PNG

OS: Windows 10 Enterprise
Version: 1909
Active Directory Domain: Yes

Shane

May 21, 2021, 2:16:38 AM5/21/21
to Input Director
Hi David,

If the option is greyed out on a Windows 10 machine it means the Input Director virtual mouse driver hasn't installed properly. Try re-installing Input Director and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, which build of Windows 10 is running on that computer?

Regs,

Shane.

mak...@gmail.com

May 25, 2021, 1:10:42 AM5/25/21
to Input Director
This issue is present since the first versions of InputDirecor for the last years.

I have reported it 2 years ago already, so it is really annoying the problem is still not fixed with 2.0.1.

I have this issue since I use InputDirector from the beginning.

The only workaround for this is to bind a key to move the mouse back to a computer, i have set F6 to move cursor back to Master.

It randomly happens all the time, that the mouse cursor is gone when you switch between master and client. Happens every 5 minutes or so.

Fix this already.

mak...@gmail.com

May 25, 2021, 1:10:56 AM5/25/21
to Input Director
It has nothing to do with the ripple effect btw.

Thomas Donino

May 25, 2021, 5:18:07 AM5/25/21
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
There is a simple workaround, just plug a usb mouse into a port in the back of the PC and leave it there. A usb mouse is $4 on amazon

Thomas Donino
BATL Management LP

Enerteck Chemical Corp.

mak...@gmail.com

May 26, 2021, 6:41:03 AM5/26/21
to Input Director
Erm... nope? I have mouse and keyboard on all my devices. I dont have a headless device. My theory is that it has something to do with different resolution between client(s) and(or master. My master laptop is 4k, my clients are 1080p. So when I use input director and I move mouse back and forth bewteen master and slave like every 1-2 minutes several times, it maybe happens ever 10th transition between master/slave, that the mouse cursor is gone. just GONE. no way to get it back, except using a hot key you bind in input director to move mouse back to a specific client/master.

mak...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2021, 9:42:28 PM6/12/21
to Input Director
Would be nice if this maybe gets fixed one day, it is really annoying.