Mirror Mode

Jeff Sparrow

Aug 26, 2013, 3:12:21 PM8/26/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if posted again.  I do not see my first post.

I can not get mirror mode to work.

Actually I cant get any mode to work.  I have the machines talking to each other but when I move the slave, there is no mouse.  Also, the mouse gets stuck on the slave and the only way to fix it is for me to lock the Master, to get the mouse back.
I have the Director Status window up and it does indeed show the slave being the focus, however there isnt a mouse I can actually control.   Wondering if I fix this issue, if it will fix my mirror issue not working.

Jeff Sparrow

Aug 28, 2013, 8:05:37 AM8/28/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Anyone?

Carleton

Aug 28, 2013, 12:16:39 PM8/28/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com

I've had issues like that when using uac. Since when something runs in admin mode it uses a secondary desktop. Try troubleshooting by trying a variation of admin mode or service mode. Might want to try moving your uac settings down one so it doesn't use a secondary desktop.

Just a few things to try out.

Jeff Sparrow

Aug 28, 2013, 1:58:05 PM8/28/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Ok.  Ill try service vs admin accounts.  I have UAC disabled on all vm's.

Jeff Sparrow

Aug 28, 2013, 2:03:48 PM8/28/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
No luck with any accounts local sys, local admin, network admin.

When i move to the slave, it does indeed say its moving, but at that point I lose the mouse on both master and slave and can not get its control back unless I ctrl-alt-delete and then escape.
There has to be someone that can help me?

Jeff Sparrow

Aug 28, 2013, 2:05:18 PM8/28/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Also, I should mention keyboard (typing) does not work on the slave either.  Only keyboard shortcuts ie ctrl-win-L

Carleton

Aug 28, 2013, 2:08:58 PM8/28/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com

I personally had the most luck with enabling service mode and start eith/before login (the one that makes it work at the login screen).

Message has been deleted

Jeff Sparrow

Sep 5, 2013, 2:46:52 PM9/5/13
to input-d...@googlegroups.com