G15 Keyboard macros no longer workign

toyotastarlet

Jan 4, 2009, 7:00:49 PM1/4/09
to Input Director
After reformatting and reinstalling, I installed ID and all logitech
software and set everything up again.
I use 'Alt-[' and 'Alt-]' hotkeys to switch between machines.
I assign that keystroke to two of my G macro keys on my Logitech G15
keyboard.
Prior to me reformatting, it worked ok.
However, after reinstalling, it no longer works.

In the InputDirector screen, when I assign the hotkey, it detects it
if I press the G macro key. But it just does not work for switching
screens, it only works if I press the keys I've assigned for switching
screens.

I can't work out what I've done differently this time. Anyone got any
ideas?

sh...@inputdirector.com

Jan 8, 2009, 7:12:26 PM1/8/09
to Input Director
Hi,

As an experiment, switch to the macro screen and click the 'record new
macro' button - then his your G-macro key and click 'stop recording'.
The macro window that opens up will show you the key strokes its
recorded - do they look okay? If you click the 'expanded view' - it
will show you the key up and key down events (as uppercase and
lowercase characters). It may be that a final keyup is missing in the
G-macro.

Regs,

Shane.

toyotastarlet

Jan 9, 2009, 7:15:14 AM1/9/09
to Input Director
Thanks Shane.
This is what I get in the Expanded View when I record the macro using
the keystroke on the G keyboard:
<LEFT ALT>]]<left alt>
The hotkey I have allocated for switching to my slave is:
Left ALT + ]

When I manually press Alt ], it switches ok.
When I set the hotkey, and press the G key on the G-15 keyboard, it
sets Left ALT + ] to the hotkey.
However, pressing that same G key does not switch to the slave,
manually pressing Alt ] performs the switch.

Funny thing is, this all worked before reformatting. After a fresh
reinstall, I can't get it to work again. I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling in different order (ie, ID first, then Logitech). But to
no avail.

This one has me puzzled...

greenmky

Mar 9, 2009, 9:51:36 PM3/9/09
to Input Director
Hi,

Same problem here. I picked up a Logitech G15 keyboard. If I press
the buttons - it switches.

But if I hit the G macro key, no response.

I'd love to hear any ideas.

Thanks

greenmky

On Jan 9, 8:15 am, toyotastarlet <toyotastar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Shane.
> This is what I get in the Expanded View when I record the macro using
> the keystroke on the G keyboard:
> <LEFT ALT>]]<left alt>
> ThehotkeyI have allocated for switching to my slave is:
> Left ALT + ]
>
> When I manually press Alt ], it switches ok.
> When I set thehotkey, and press the G key on the G-15 keyboard, it

eltoro

Apr 9, 2009, 1:10:00 AM4/9/09
to Input Director
I have a similar problem - G15 macro commands are not passed on to ID.

I did the following experiment:
- created a G15 macro that would output "aaa" on pressing G3 key
- in ID, started recording a macro
- pressed CTRL
- pressed G3 key
- stopped recording a macro
- reviewed macro and only ctrl press was recorded - no aaa

What am I doing wrong?

eltoro

Apr 9, 2009, 2:39:30 PM4/9/09
to Input Director
Some more testing done:

I recorded an ID macro that basically output "some text". I assigned
that macro in ID to CTRL-Q key. Now, in G15 keyboard software, I
assigned G3 key to a keystroke sequence CTRL-Q.

When I press CTRL-Q I get ID macro output just fine. If I press G3
key, I get original CTRL-Q (it bypasses ID completely) - verified that
by opening UltraEdit. When I press G3 when UE has focus I get "quick
open" popup (normal UE CTRL-Q function), when I press CTRL-Q, I get
"some text" typed in the editor.

Environment: Vista 64 Ultimate, ID 1.2.

Help :)

franky12345

Apr 11, 2009, 7:56:24 AM4/11/09
to Input Director
I can confirm this. Macros (either G15 or another macro enabled Mouse
or Keyboard) won't work anymore while ID works fine though.

A big hint for you shane: It's version 1.2 that got this problem. With
1.1 it works OK.
Don't ask me why i run 1.1 though :-))

XP x64 here if considered important.

franky12345

Apr 11, 2009, 7:54:13 AM4/11/09
to Input Director

eltoro

Apr 12, 2009, 10:40:38 PM4/12/09
to Input Director
Thank you, franky12345, you have saved me $40. I was about to ditch ID
in favor of Kavoom (and shell out $40 for it).

I have downgraded ID to 1.1 and indeed my G15 macros work just fine
with ID.

Shane, if you want to test a beta version of ID with G15 for this bug
just let me know (either email or post here). I'll gladly do my part
and test it for you.

sh...@inputdirector.com

Apr 13, 2009, 8:32:24 PM4/13/09
to Input Director
Hi,

I have added a Logitech Keyboard compatibility mode under the Master
Preferences Advanced options. I'd had to add a filter to v1.2 to
filter out injected keys (including logitech configurable keys) from
the hotkey comparisons as some applications (such as full-screen
flash) will simulate a key down but never send an accompanying key up
- which then means that ID believes that that key is permanently
down). The compatibility mode switches this off.

As I don't have a G15 keyboard, can one of you please sign up for the
v1.2.1 beta testing (They'll be a public request for beta-testers on
this newsgroup soon) and let me know if this compatibility mode is
working. I am concerned that keys may still be "left down" with this
feature turned on.

Regs,

Shane.

Dave B

Apr 13, 2009, 8:36:06 PM4/13/09
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
I'll be glad to sign up, Shane.  I'll keep an eye out for the beta request.

-Dave
--
"Don't do what you can't undo, until you've considered what you can't do once you've done it.".- Assassin's Apprentice, by Robin Hobb

eltoro

Apr 14, 2009, 12:03:50 AM4/14/09
to Input Director
I am up for beta test as well.

franky12345

Apr 14, 2009, 12:15:16 PM4/14/09
to Input Director
I'll happily join too.
My G15 is just the LCD though, sawed off the rest :-)
But i'm working with a razer Reclusa and a logitech mouse (whose
buttons didn't work too) and i'll give feedback on those then.

Where to join? Didn't find anything beta-like?

toyotastarlet

Apr 14, 2009, 11:30:50 PM4/14/09
to Input Director
Would be interested for testing this too.