Unable to Detect Slave System

Edward

Jul 13, 2021, 2:49:15 AMJul 13
to Input Director
I am running a desktop as the main and a surface tablet as the slave. I have used this configuration for about 2 years without making any changes. During the last week, I have been unable to connect to the slave system at all, it is undetectable by the main system, and vice versa.

I have made no changes to my network or settings, and the surface is at 100% signal strength, I am at a loss!

02c...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2021, 11:41:17 PMJul 15
to Input Director
It may be that your surface network type is public which your desktop machine is private. This changed occurred in my setup and it took awhile before I figured it out. Once the network type was the same, then the Windows firewall allowed the communcation without a problem.