Unable to Detect Slave System

Edward

Jul 13, 2021, 2:49:15 AM7/13/21
to Input Director
I am running a desktop as the main and a surface tablet as the slave. I have used this configuration for about 2 years without making any changes. During the last week, I have been unable to connect to the slave system at all, it is undetectable by the main system, and vice versa.

I have made no changes to my network or settings, and the surface is at 100% signal strength, I am at a loss!

02c...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2021, 11:41:17 PM7/15/21
to Input Director
It may be that your surface network type is public which your desktop machine is private. This changed occurred in my setup and it took awhile before I figured it out. Once the network type was the same, then the Windows firewall allowed the communcation without a problem.