Slave Lag when mouse is over desktop

Hunter Griffin

Dec 21, 2022, 7:47:46 PM12/21/22
to Input Director
So I noticed something interesting in regards to lag on my slave machine. Anytime my cursor is over the desktop it has massive lag. The second the mouse cursor is over an application it responds normally. I have noticed several threads about mouse lag and thought this might be an interesting related issue. Cheers!

V3DT

Mar 18, 2023, 7:49:46 AM3/18/23
to Input Director
I can confirm this, Windows 11 host, Windows 10 client, the mouse lags on Windows 10 on the desktop but as soon as it's over another window the lag completely goes away, no setting in input director seems to effect it either.

Jolly

Mar 22, 2023, 2:04:26 PM3/22/23
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Do you guys have mouse trails turned on by any chance?
I'm right now in a Windows 11 host Win10 client.
Even using mousetester 1.5 to draw an xy plot, I can't see any difference between input director on the Windows desktop versus over a different window. - https://github.com/dobragab/MouseTester

Jolly

Mar 22, 2023, 2:05:50 PM3/22/23
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
It also might be worth noting I have the performance options in windows tweaked for performance. What happens if you disabled the show shadows under mouse pointer option?