Local DNS-Server. Causes problems?

Alex Wikotikabesa

Mar 30, 2024, 7:07:40 PMMar 30
to Input Director
Hello,
I have the following problem.

Input Director works wonderfully with my 2 systems.
But if I change the local DNS server on the FritzBox because of a Pi-Hole, Input Director can no longer find the client PC.

Both PCs see each other on the network and everything else seems to be working.

The only way I can explain it is that it comes from changing the DNS server. Because even if I turn off the Pi-Hole's adblocking, it doesn't change anything.

Maybe someone has an idea. Thanks

Jolly

Mar 31, 2024, 1:45:18 AMMar 31
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Switch to using an IP address

Alex Wikotikabesa

Apr 2, 2024, 11:33:39 AMApr 2
to Input Director
Oh dear,
Thanks, that worked.

Jolly

Apr 2, 2024, 1:50:26 PMApr 2
to input-d...@googlegroups.com
Yeah you probably don't have local DNS for resolution setup to identify computers with the DHCP name. Also I've noticed input director likes resolving the hostname over and over so I just switched to using IP addresses.